|Marcia M. Hahn|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 138th district
May 18, 2010
|Preceded by||Craig Dally|
Hahn started her first term in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2010, when she replaced her former boss Craig Dally in a special election following his resignation. She defeated Community College student Corey D. Miller and Republican lawyer Nick Sabatine for the seat. In 2012, Hahn ran for reelection in an unopposed primary, then beat Democratic candidate Leslie Alteri, winning approximately 60% of the vote. She then won again against Alteri in 2014 with approximately 66% of the vote. In 2016, Hahn ran and defeated Libertarian candidate Daniel Richardson for her fourth term as the State House of Representatives for District 138.
Hahn will sit on four committees for the 2016-2017 sessions: Agriculture and Rural Affairs, Commerce, Health and Tourism, and Recreational Development as well as serving as Deputy House majority whip. Hahn’s most recent term has focused on opioid addiction in Pennsylvania, in which she has held local meetings with community members to discuss the problem. As well as authoring the House Bill 2359, which proposes giving parents of a minor child who is suspected of drug or alcohol abuse a voice in their treatment.
Prior to her appointment to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Hahn worked as a legislative aid, constituent outreach coordinator and office manager to Len Gruppo of the 137th district and Craig Dally of the 138th district. She also formerly served on the board of directors for the Nazareth Chamber of Commerce and the Pen Argyl Families First, which provides resources and programs to families in the Pen Argyl school district.
- "Representative Marcia M. Hahn's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Marcia M. Hahn". Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Marcia Hahn wins special election and primary races to replace former state Rep. Craig Dally". lehighvalleylive.com. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Marcia Hahn - Ballotpedia". Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "PA State Rep. Marcia Hahn - About Marcia". www.rephahn.com. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Heroin-opioid epidemic is focus of meeting at NCC". lehighvalleylive.com. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "PA State Rep. Marcia Hahn - Hahn Legislation Empowers Parents in Drug Treatment Cases". www.rephahn.com. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Marcia Hahn: Republican Candidate for 138th State House Seat". Nazareth, PA Patch. 2012-09-30. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- State Representative Marcia Hahn official caucus site
- Marcia Hahn (R) official PA House site
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|