Marcia White (born 1948) is the president, and executive director, of Saratoga Performing Arts Center, a music venue located on the grounds of Saratoga Spa State Park, in Saratoga Springs, New York. Before her current position she was an aide to New York Senator Joe Bruno.
Education and early career
White is a graduate of Hudson Valley Community College and University at Albany. She also received a bachelor's degree from the College of Saint Rose in 2000, where she serves on its board of directors. She was a registered nurse until becoming involved with civic affairs and charities.
While an aide to Bruno, White worked on health care issues and served as his press secretary. White also helped initiate Generating Employment, a New York science (Gen-NY-sis, or Genysis) program.
White became executive director of SPAC in 2005. In 2006, she secured $2.1 million in New York State funds to rehabilitate the venue. Her twin goals were to raise money and to increase SPAC's profile as a cultural and concert venue. She continued the New York City Ballet summer residency at SPAC, which had seen declining attendance through 2005.  The 2006 season at SPAC included the New York City Ballet and the Philadelphia Orchestra.
White created a new logo and web presence for SPAC.
White has announced she plans to retire as executive director at the end of the 2016 season.
- Karlin, Rick (February 19, 2016). "Marcia White to retire from SPAC after 2016". Times Union (Albany, NY). Retrieved July 15, 2016.
- Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- Supra Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- Announcement of appointment Archived 2006-10-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- NY State Parks press release
- Joel Stashenko. "Raising money and its profile are on SPAC's Playbill for 2006". The Business Review (Albany), September 9, 2005.
- Story of February 21, 2006 at Capital News 9 web site Archived 2007-09-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Joel Stashenko. SPAC gets a new logo and an online makeover for its 2006 season". The Business Review (Albany), February 24, 2006.
- New York Politics Capitol Confidential : Albany Times Union : timesunion.com : Capitol confidential » Spitzer’s Transition Policy Advisors (Updated) Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jane Loudon. "New York City Ballet steps on SPAC stage again". The Post-Star (Glens Falls, New York) July 06, 2007
- "SPAC-tacular space: After overhaul, Saratoga Performing Arts Center is poised for 2007". Albany Times-Union, May 25, 2007. Retrieved July 28, 2007.
- Peter Dobrin. "[http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/peter_dobrin/20080809_Shaping_Up_in_Saratoga.html Shaping Up in Saratoga: The orchestra's three-week residency Charles Dutoit at the helm, begins on a bright collaborative note". Philadelphia Inquirer, August 9, 2008. Accessed August 28, 2008.