Jump to navigation Jump to search
Le Quien (Oriens christianus, I, 983) cites three bishops:
- Januarius, who attended in 448 the Council of Constantinople against Eutyches;
- Augustine, who signed in 459 the synodal decree of Gennadius of Constantinople against simoniacs;
- Marcian, who signed in 518 the decretal letter of the Council of Constantinople against Severus and other heretics and the report to Pope Hormisdas on the ordination of Patriarch Epiphanius of Constantinople.
- Joseph Bingham, The Antiquities of the Christian Church (H.G. Bohn 1856), p. 401
- Annuario Pontificio 2013 (Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 2013, ISBN 978-88-209-9070-1), p. 922
- Sophrone Pétridès, "Marciane" in Catholic Encyclopedia (New York 1910)