Marco Antonio Regil
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marco Antonio Regil
Marco Antonio Regil
|Occupation||TV Host, Actor, Producer, Public Speaker, Activist|
Marco Antonio Regil (born December 27, 1969) is a Mexican television personality, public speaker and activist. As the host of the Spanish versions of Family Feud, The Price is Right, and Mexico's hit show, Generation Gap (Recuerda y Gana), Regil is a constant fixture in Latin households.
Named as Reader's Digest's most trusted TV personality in Mexico, Regil has used his expertise to become a central figure in America's emerging Spanish-language entertainment industry.
He has hosted the Mexican versions of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, The Price Is Right, and Zodiac's Beyond Boundaries, as well as the Teletón (Mexican National Telethon) for which he has raised over half a billion dollars. He is also the voice of Metro Man (played by Brad Pitt in the U.S.) in the Mexican release of Megamind. A sought-after spokesman, has appeared in advertisements for such companies as McDonald's, H-E-B, Telmex and PepsiCo.
For his contributions in both Latin America and abroad, he was invited by United States President George W. Bush to host the Cinco de Mayo celebration in the White House in 2004.
Regil is a passionate vegan and animal-rights advocate. He has participated in numerous forums across the world to promote healthy living and the compassionate treatment of animals. A devoted supporter of PeTA, Mercy for Animals, Humane Society International, and Animal Heroes, he is a sought-after public speaker who educates and inspires people on the health and environmental benefits of maintaining a plant-based diet.
In support of children's rights, Regil has donated to and appeared in commercials for Children International.
In 2016, he engaged in a tour to speak at leading vegan and animal rights festivals. He appeared at the Tulum Vegan Fest, the Argentina VegFest, DC VegFest, and Twin Cities VegFest. As part of his campaign, he partnered with PeTA Latino to debunk the myths of being a vegan in the Latin community; lobbied in Washington D.C. for humane research techniques and a move away from animal testing; and worked to ban animal circuses in Mexico by becoming an ambassador for Animal Heroes.
As a political contributor to the Huffington Post, Regil has written on major issues from the 2016 Presidential election to environmental law, and other breaking news.
In 2016, he joined forces with the Los Angeles Mayor's Office to launch their business portal website. He gave financial lectures throughout Los Angeles and was honored for his efforts by Mayor Eric Garcetti.
Awards and honors
- 2016 – City of Los Angeles Certificate of Appreciation Presenter at LA Startup Business Tour Expo 
- 2015 – PeTA Humanitarian of the Year 
- 2010, 2014–2015 – Most Trusted Television Host- Mexico's Reader's Digest 
- Mexico's No. 1 TV Host – The Price is Right, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?, Family Feud, Minute to Win It, and Mexican Telethon 
- "Marco Antonio Regil". IMDb.
- Mexico's Reader's Digest Awards Marco Antonio Regil With the 2014 Most Trusted Television Host Award. Accesswire.com (September 15, 2014). Retrieved on 2018-08-09.
- Marco Antonio Regil says being vegan is for you! | Features. PETA Latino (July 31, 2018). Retrieved on 2018-08-09.
- "Mexican TV Star Marco Regil Launches Paul McCartney's Video 'Glass Walls' in Spanish
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 10, 2016. Retrieved November 9, 2016.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Animal Heroes » Marco Antonio Regil. Beanimalheroes.org (February 23, 2016). Retrieved on 2018-08-09.
- Marco Antonio Regil | HuffPost. Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved on August 9, 2018.
- Make More Money Without Punching Time Clock. KTLA (July 31, 2016). Retrieved on 2018-08-09.
- LA Business Portal Launch Event! With Mayor Garcetti in Los Angeles, CA - Sep 14, 2016 5:30 PM | Eventful. Losangeles.eventful.com (September 14, 2016). Retrieved on 2018-08-09.
- "An Extraordinary Night—35 Years in the Making".
- Mexico's Reader's Digest Awards Marco Antonio Regil With the 2014 Most Trusted Television Host Award. Yahoo.com (September 15, 2014). Retrieved on 2018-08-09.