Marco Antonio Regil
|Marco Antonio Regil|
December 27, 1969 |
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
|Occupation||TV Host, Actor, Producer, Public Speaker, Activist|
Marco Antonio Regil (born December 27, 1969) is a television personality, public speaker and activist. As the host of the Spanish versions of Family Feud, The Price is Right, and Mexico’s hit show, Generation Gap (Recuerda y Gana), Regil is a constant fixture in Latin households.
Named as Reader’s Digest’s most trusted TV personality in Mexico, Regil has used his expertise to become a central figure in America’s emerging Spanish-language entertainment industry.
He has hosted the Mexican versions of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, The Price Is Right, and Zodiac's Beyond Boundaries, as well as the Teletón (Mexican National Telethon) for which he has raised over half a billion dollars. He is also the voice of Metro Man (played by Brad Pitt in the U.S.) in the Mexican release of Megamind. A sought-after spokesman, has appeared in advertisements for such companies as McDonald's, H-E-B, Telmex and PepsiCo.
For his contributions in both Latin America and abroad, he was invited by United States President George W. Bush to host the Cinco de Mayo celebration in the White House in 2004.
Regil is a passionate vegan and animal rights advocate. He has participated in numerous forums across the world to promote healthy living and the compassionate treatment of animals. A devoted supporter of PeTA, Mercy for Animals, Humane Society International, and Animal Heroes, he is a sought after public speaker who educates and inspires people on the health and environmental benefits of maintaining a plant-based diet.
In support of children’s rights, Regil has donated to and appeared on commercials for Children International.
In 2016, he engaged in a tour to speak at leading vegan and animal rights festivals. He appeared at the Tulum Vegan Fest, the Argentina VegFest, DC VegFest, and Twin Cities VegFest. As part of his campaign, he partnered with PeTA Latino to debunk the myths of being a vegan in the Latin community; lobbied in Washington D.C. for humane research techniques and a move away from animal testing; and worked to ban animal circuses in Mexico by becoming an ambassador for Animal Heroes.
As a political contributor to the Huffington Post, Regil has written on major issues from the 2016 Presidential election to environmental law, and other breaking news.
In 2016, he joined forces with Los Angeles Mayor's Office to launch their business portal website. He gave financial lectures throughout Los Angeles and was honored for his efforts by Mayor Eric Garcetti.
· Generation Gap (2015–Present)
· Minute to Win It VIP (2013)
· Minute to Win It (2012-2013)
· America Celebrates Chespirito (2012)
· Beyond Limits (2010)
· The Price is Right (1997-2000, 2010)
· Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader (2009-2011)
· Make Me Laugh and Become a Millionaire (2010)
· Dancing with the Stars (2007, 2011-2012)
· The Magnificent 5 (2007)
· Family Feud (2006-2008, 2013-2015)
· TVyNovelas Awards 2005 (2005)
· Juan Pablo II: Fisherman (2003)
· Grand Musical (2003)
· Tabasco Fair (2002)
· Family Feud- ¿Que dice la gente? (2002-2005)
· Mexican Telethon (1998–Present)
· The Price Is Right (1997-1999 and 2010)
· Televisa Variety Shows (1993-1997)
· Maximum Comedy (1990-1992)
· Daily Life (1985-1989)
· Televisa Variety Shows (1993-1997)
· Megamente (2010)- Metro Man
· Rio 2 (2014) – Sports narrator
Awards and honors
· 2016- City of Los Angeles Certificate of Appreciation Presenter at LA Startup Business Tour Expo 
· 2015- PeTA Humanitarian of the Year 
· 2010, 2014-2015 Most Trusted Television Host- Mexico’s Reader’s Digest 
· Mexico’s No. 1 TV Host- The Price is Right, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?, Family Feud, Minute to Win It, and Mexican Telethon 
- Official site
- "Mexican TV Star Marco Regil Launches Paul McCartney's Video 'Glass Walls' in Spanish," peta.org, accessed 7 November 2012.