February 10, 1988 |
Montvale, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Bloomfield (NJ) Saint Joseph|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Marco Capozzoli (born February 10, 1988) is a former American football placekicker who played for the Tulsa Talons and Jacksonville Sharks of the Arena Football League (AFL). He was a placekicker for Montclair State University. He was signed as a free agent by the Jacksonville Sharks in 2010. Capozzoli has been a resident of Bloomfield, New Jersey.
Capozzoli played for the Montclair State Red Hawks from 2006 to 2009. He was named the Division III Outstanding Male Athlete of the Year by the Collegiate Athletic Administration of New Jersey his senior season. He was also named the NJAC Special Teams Player of the Year.
Capozzoli was assigned to the Jacksonville Sharks on October 21, 2010. He played for the Sharks from 2011 to 2013, winning ArenaBowl XXIV in 2011. On March 30, 2016, Capozzoli was assigned to the Sharks once again. On May 17, 2016, Capozzoli retired.
- Barmakian, Ed. "Marco Capozzoli foots the bill for Montclair State", The Star-Ledger, October 29, 2009. Accessed September 7, 2015. "Against CNJ, the Bloomfield resident became the first at MSU to kick three field goals in a game beyond 40 yards when he hit from 42, 47 and 44 yards as Montclair (6-1, 6-0 NJAC) won its sixth straight, 16-13."
- "#7 Capozzoli, Marco, Kicker". jaxsharks.com. Archived from the original on March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- "Marco Capozzoli". arenafan.com. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- "Historical Team Transactions". arenafan.com. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- "Marco Capozzoli announces retirement". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. May 17, 2016. Retrieved May 18, 2016.