Marco De Luca
De Luca in 2015
May 12, 1981 |
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
|Event(s)||50km Race Walk|
|Club||G.S. Fiamme Gialle|
|Achievements and titles|
Marco De Luca (born 12 May 1981 in Rome) is an Italian race walker. His best results at International level are 7th place at 2009 World Championships and 6th at 2006 European Championships and 2010 European Championships. But the most prestigious achievement of his career was achieved in 2016, at age 35, when he finished fourth at the World Race Walking Team Championships, but was awarded the bronze medal following the disqualification for doping of the teammate Alex Schwazer, who had won the gold medal.
Marco De Luca won three times the individual national championship. At London 2017 for him it is the seventh consective participation ath World Championships. He also participated at three editions of the Summer Olympics from 2008 to 2016.
- He was 8th, but became 7th after a disqaulification of an athete for doping causes.
- He was 7th, but became 6th after a disqaulification of an athete for doping causes.
- "Doping walker Alex Schwazer handed eight-year ban for second offence". Athletics Weekly. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
Schwazer returned to competition this year, winning the IAAF World Race Walking Team Championships in Rome in May where he won the 50km event ahead of Australia’s 2012 Olympic champion Jared Tallent, who will now be awarded gold with Ukrainian Ihor Hlavan being upgraded to silver and fellow Italian Marco de Luca handed bronze.
- ""CAMPIONATI "ASSOLUTI" ITALIANI SUL PODIO TRICOLORE – 1906 2012" (PDF). sportolimpico.it. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 December 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "ITALIAN INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS". gbrathletics.com. Retrieved 31 December 2012.