Marco Di Meco
|Marco Di Meco|
|Birth name||Marco Andrea Giuseppe Di Meco|
February 5, 1982|
|Occupation(s)||Flutist, composer, record producer|
|Labels||Wide Sound, TuneCore|
Marco Di Meco (born in Chieti on February 5, 1982) is an Italian flute player, composer, music producer and writer.
His interest in music began with a traditional musical instrument handed down to him by his paternal grandmother. He then decided to study the transverse flute and after a year of private study, he was admitted to the "L. D'Annunzio" Academy of Music in Pescara where he studied the instrument with Sandro Carbone and obtained a diploma. In the same year he began his career as a solo artist playing W.A. Mozart's KV313 concert.
During his military service he played the flute in the band of the Livorno Naval Academy. He then continued his music studies at the Swiss-Italian Music Academy in Lugano with Mario Ancillotti where he obtained a diploma in "Interpretation and Performance". At this time he began to write his first verses. He completed his studies at the Italian Flute Academy in Rome with Angelo Persichilli.
He gained important experience playing in symphonic orchestras with illustrious conductors such as Luis Bacalov, Lu Jia, Giorgio Bernasconi, Bruno Tommaso and others playing in many concert hall in Europe. He has attended several workshops of Afro-American music organized by the Columbia College Chicago and the Berklee College of Music.
On November 2013 he signed with Wide Sound label to record his first album 5 Colori as a solo artist. This album was followed by the album Rosalinda released in 2015 for the same label. He is present in the 10 best Italian jazz flutists rewarded by JAZZIT Awards 2015.
In February 2018 he published the album "Against capitalism Première Symphonie". In this work a new form of musical writing is explored which he calls a hybrid form.  In fact, different and distant musical genres are present within the three tracks, such as dodecaphonic music, R&b and swing. 
- 2014 – 5 Colori, Wide Sound
- 2015 – Rosalinda, Wide
- 2016 – Lucilla, Wide
- 2018 – Against Capitalism Première Symphonie, TuneCore
- 2016 – Armonia Applicata-Gli Accordi, Gruppo Editoriale L'Espresso, Roma
- 2017 - Notes for a Symphony, ISBN 978-88-92327-53-5
- 2005 – Luci di luna, A&B Bonanno, Rome
- 2005 – Il Passo delle Sensazioni, Edizioni Ulivo Balerna
- 2006 – Teatro evanescenza, Edizioni Ulivo
- 2012 – Le isterie di Jennifer, Edizioni Tracce Pescara
- 2014 – Artemisia, la rana pittrice e la farfalla, ISBN 978-88-91068-17-0
- 2014 – Negativi ed altri versi, ISBN 978-88-91069-06-1
- 2017 - Intermezzo, ISBN 978-88-92322-75-2
- "Interview by Ilaria Grasso" (in Italian). Vivicentro. Archived from the original on March 26, 2016. Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- ""Il nuovo CD di Marco Di Meco" (in Italian). Agica. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "Interview by Maurizio di Fazio" (in Italian). Ozio Magazine. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- "Wide Sound Website". Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- "Album credits". Last.fm. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- "Album credits". AllMusic. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- "BNF Catalogue" (in French). BNF. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- "JAZZIT Awards 2015" (PDF). JAZZIT. Retrieved May 12, 2016.
- "SBN Catalog" (in Italian). SBN Opac. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- "Swiss National Library Catalog" (in German). SWNL. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- "Intervista a Marco Di Meco, autore de "Intermezzo"" (in Italian). Recensionilibri.org. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "IlCentro Newspaper" (in Italian). Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- "TV review". TelePonte Broadcasting. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Blog" (in Italian). Altervista.org. Retrieved March 21, 2016.
- "RAI News broadcasting". RAI (article starts at 08m:02s). Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Chartsinfrance" (in French). chartsinfrance.net. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- "Jazz contaminated by classical and pop" (in Italian). Il Centro. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- "Interview". May.Live. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- "Article" (in Italian). NonSense MAgazine. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- "Battiti". RAI (article starts at 01h:17m:50s). Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- "RAISAT performance". May.Life. Archived from the original on March 9, 2016. Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- "Interview for May.Life". Archived from the original on March 9, 2016. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marco Di Meco.|
- Marco Di Meco at AllMusic
- Works by or about Marco Di Meco in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Marco Di Meco on Facebook
- Marco Di Meco's channel on YouTube
- Marco Di Meco on Instagram
- Marco Di Meco on IMDb
- https://web.archive.org/web/20160309055612/http://www.may.life/artist/music/marco-di-meco/index.html, Interview
- https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/marco-di-meco/id899449958, iTunes.ID