|Date of birth||21 April 1983|
|Place of birth||Conegliano, Italy|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2002–2003||→ Lecce (loan)||29||(0)|
|2004–2005||→ Sampdoria (loan)||8||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Verona (loan)||23||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 June 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 7 May 2017
Donadel is a youth product of Milan, playing for the youth side between 1998 and 2002, winning the Torneo di Viareggio in 1999 and 2001, before being promoted to the senior side. While on the books of Milan he was loaned to Lecce in July 2002.
In June 2003 Donadel was sold to Parma in a co-ownership deal for €2 million. (with 50% rights of Roberto Massaro was purchased by Milan for €2 million) The deal made Milan making a profit of €3.897 million. In June 2004 Milan bought back 50% rights of Donadel for €800,000 in a four-year contract (Milan booked the contract value of Donadel was €4 million instead of €1.6 million, thus receiving €1.2 million financial income instead of costing Milan to write down the value of retaining 50% registration rights for €1.2 million.) In 2004–05 season Donadel was loaned to Sampdoria for free and finally Fiorentina in January 2005, for €200,000.
After a successful half-season long loan with Fiorentina, he was signed on a permanent basis for €1.2 million in a four-year contract. The deal also made Milan book a €1.8 million loss. as the residual value of Donadel's contract, after amortization, was €3 million. In 2005–06 he was a regular for coach Cesare Prandelli, who had already appreciated the skills of Donadel, as they were together at Parma. In June 2007, he was offered a new contract which would last until June 2011.
On 24 June 2011, he signed a four-year contract with Napoli. During his stay with Napoli he only appeared in four league matches and during the 2013–14 season he was sent on loan to Verona where he was a regular starter for the club.
Once his loan spell with Verona concluded Donadel went on trial with Major League Soccer side Montreal Impact. Donadel officially signed with the Montreal Impact on 1 December 2014. His 30-yard strike in a 3–0 home win against Columbus Crew, on 11 July 2015, was voted MLS goal of the week for the 19th week of the 2015 MLS season. On 25 October, he assisted one of Drogba's goals as the Montreal Impact came from behind to defeat domestic rivals Toronto FC 2–1 at home; the win gave Montreal the home advantage for their knock-out fixture against Toronto in the 2015 MLS Cup Playoffs.
Donadel was waived by Montreal on 22 June 2018.
Donadel was the captain of Italy under-21 team between 2004 and 2006, and won the 2004 European Under-21 Football Championship, totalling 31 appearances and 1 goal. Donadel also won a bronze medal with Italy at the 2004 Summer Olympics football tournament.
- "Donadel set for Lecce". Sky Sports. 10 July 2002. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- A.C. Milan S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2003 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- "Comunicato Ufficiale N°105/CDN (2008–09)" (PDF). Commissione Disciplinare Nazionale (in Italian). Federazione Italiana Giuoco Calcio. 22 June 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- A.C. Milan S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2004 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- "Samp sign duo". Sky Sports. 9 July 2004. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- ACF Fiorentina S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2005 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- A.C. Milan S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2005 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- "Donadel delight at Fiorentina faith". UEFA.com. 28 June 2007. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- "Italian midfielder Marco Donadel joins the Impact". impactmontreal.com. 1 December 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Match report: IMFC shuts out Columbus Crew SC 3-0 on Saturday night". Montreal Impact. 11 July 2015. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Montreal Impact midfielder Marco Donadel's laser runs away with AT&T Goal of the Week honors". MLS. 17 July 2015. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Match Report: Impact beats Toronto FC and finishes third in the East". Impact Montreal. 25 October 2015. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- "Donadel, Marco" (in Italian). FIGC. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Cavaliere Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana Sig. Marco Donadel" (in Italian). Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Profile at ACF Fiorentina official site". Archived from the original on 18 April 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- stats. at Voetbal International ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch)
- National Team stats. at FIGC official site ‹See Tfd›(in Italian)[dead link]
- Marco Donadel at TuttoCalciatori.net ‹See Tfd›(in Italian)
- Marco Donadel at Major League Soccer