Marco Polo Del Nero
|Marco Polo Del Nero|
|President of CBF|
April 12, 2015 – December 3, 2015
|Preceded by||José Maria Marin|
|Succeeded by||Marcus Vicente (interim)|
April 7, 2016 – December 15, 2017
|Succeeded by||Antonio Nunes (interim)|
|Born||February 22, 1941|
São Paulo, Brazil
Marco Polo Del Nero (born 22 February 1941) is a Brazilian lawyer and sports administrator. He was the president of the Brazilian Football Confederation (Portuguese: Confederação Brasileira de Futebol, CBF), a former member of CONMEBOL's executive committee and of the FIFA Executive Committee.
Involvement with FIFA Scandal
In May 2015, Del Nero suddenly left Zurich for Brazil, in the wake of the arrests of several FIFA executives. Del Nero resigned as a member of FIFA's Executive Committee in November 2015. In December 2015, after being indicted by the U.S. Department of Justice, Del Nero left the presidency, leaving Brazilian Federal Deputy Marcus Vicente as interim president. 
In April 2016, Del Nero returned as official president of the CBF.
Del Nero has not left Brazil since May 2015, not even to follow matches of the Brazil national football team, nor to attend official obligations at FIFA or Conmebol. The appointed reason is the eminence of being arrested, just like his predecessor, because of the FIFA corruption scandal. However, he does not comment on the matter. 
- Marco Polo Del Nero - Brasil Archived 14 November 2014 at the Wayback Machine. - Fifa.com
- "Marco Polo Del Nero substitui Ricardo Teixeira no Comitê Executivo da Fifa". UOL. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Del Nero pede licença e dá lugar a ex-presidente da Federação Capixaba". Globo Esporte (in Portuguese). Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "Indiciado nos EUA, Del Nero pede licença da CBF e vice assume". Folha de S. Paulo (in Portuguese). Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Del Nero volta ao comando da CBF após Fifa enfraquecer". Folha de S. Paulo (in Portuguese). Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Football official Marco Polo Del Nero banned from all football activities for 90 days by independent Ethics Committee". FIFA.com. 2017-12-15. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- "FIFA suspends Brazilian soccer president Marco Polo del Nero". Fox Sports. 2017-12-15. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- "A lei do silêncio de Del Nero: confinado no Brasil por caso FIFA" [Del Nero's silence: locked in Brazil because of the Fifa case] (in Portuguese). El País. 2015-10-23. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- "Marco Polo del Nero: Fifa ban Brazilian FA president for life over taking bribes". BBC. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
|This Brazilian law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|