|— Alpine skier —|
|Disciplines||Downhill, Super G, Combined|
|Club||Squaw Valley Ski Team|
April 27, 1980 |
Truckee, California, U.S.
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|World Cup debut||December 7, 2001 (age 21)|
|Teams||4 – (2002, 2006, 2010, 2014)|
|Teams||4 – (2003, '07, '09, '13)|
|Seasons||12th – (2002, '03, '06–15)|
|Wins||1 – (1 DH)|
|Podiums||4 – (4 DH)|
|Overall titles||0 – (28th in 2008)|
|Discipline titles||0 – (4th in DH, 2008)|
Since making his World Cup debut in December 2001, Sullivan has one victory, a downhill at Chamonix, France, on January 26, 2008. He won the renowned Kandahar downhill in Chamonix in 2:00.11, ahead of Swiss star Didier Cuche.
In early December 2003, Sullivan injured his knee in a downhill training run at Beaver Creek. It happened at the last jump of the Birds of Prey course and caused him to miss the rest of the 2004 season. While training in France in October 2004, Sullivan reinjured the knee and was out for the 2005 season as well.
In late December 2010, Sullivan crashed during a training run on the Stelvio course at Bormio, Italy (video). He sustained a concussion which ended his 2011 season, including the 2011 World Championships. After two months, he was cleared by doctors to get back on skis in early March.
World Cup top ten finishes
|2003||7 Dec 2002||Beaver Creek, USA||Downhill||6th|
|2007||1 Dec 2006||Beaver Creek, USA||Downhill||10th|
|16 Dec 2006||Val Gardena, Italy||Downhill||4th|
|2008||24 Nov 2007||Lake Louise, Canada||Downhill||2nd|
|13 Jan 2008||Wengen, Switzerland||Downhill||7th|
|18 Jan 2008||Kitzbühel, Austria||Super G||10th|
|19 Jan 2008||Downhill||6th|
|28 Jan 2008||Chamonix, France||Downhill||1st|
|2009||30 Nov 2008||Lake Louise, Canada||Super G||5th|
|19 Dec 2008||Val Gardena, Italy||Super G||5th|
|20 Dec 2008||Super G||4th|
|17 Jan 2009||Wengen, Switzerland||Downhill||3rd|
|2013||24 Nov 2012||Lake Louise, Canada||Downhill||3rd|
- Did not start in the Downhill
- 30th in the Downhill
U.S. Ski Championships
Sullivan and his partner Tyler Akelstad are five time champions in the extreme ski/snowmachine race in Alaska - Arctic Man. Sullivan and Akelstad hold the record for the men's ski division, having completed the race with a time of 03:52.72. This was the first time that the four minute threshold was broken.
- The People vs. Brad Holmes, 2007.
- Appeared in Children of Winter with fellow Olympian Seth Wescott skiing in Cordova, Alaska, at Points North Heli in 2009.
- Appeared in the "Kings and Corn" segment of Warren Miller's Flow State in 2012 alongside fellow Olympians Daron Rahlves and Tommy Moe.
SKI Magazine column
- "U.S. Ski Team Athlete Bios – MARCO SULLIVAN". United States Ski Team.
- Marco Sullivan at the International Ski Federation
- "Sullivan Wins Chamonix Downhill". U.S. Ski Team. January 26, 2008.
- Ski Racing.com – Healthy Marco Sullivan takes giant step forward, finishing downhill training run – 2005-11-23 – accessed 2012-02-06
- SKI Mag.com – Sullivan reinjures knee, season over – 2004-10-29 – accessed 2012-02-06
- 3wiresports.com – Marco Sullivan ready to run downhill – 2011-11-30 – accessed 2012-02-06
- "Sullivan wins downhill; Bode Miller 12th". Anchorage Daily News. March 31, 2007.
- SKI Mag.com – Marco Sullivan: World Cup season starts with a bang – December 2011
- SKI Mag.com – Marco Sullivan: Christmas in Bormio – December 2011