From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Guglielmo Marconi (1874–1937) was an Italian radio pioneer.
Marconi may also refer to:
- Marconi Company, British telecommunications company established in 1963, which in 1968 amalgamated into the General Electric Company plc (GEC). Founded in 1897 as the Wireless Telegraph & Signal Company by Guglielmo Marconi
- Marconi Electronic Systems, the former defence arm of GEC. Acquired by British Aerospace (BAe) to form BAE Systems in December 1999
- Marconi plc, the former December 1999 established British telecommunications company formed by the renaming of GEC
- Marconi Corporation plc, the former May 2003 established British telecommunications company formed by the restructuring of Marconi plc. Acquired by Ericsson and Telent in 2005.
- Marconi Communications, the former telecommunications arm of GEC founded in August 1998. In December 1999, a subsidiary of Marconi plc; in May 2003, it became part of Marconi Corporation plc
- Marconi Instruments, a former British electronic instruments company
- Telent, a successor company of Marconi plc
- Alenia Marconi Systems, former British-Italian defence electronics company
- Matra Marconi Space, former Franco-British aerospace company
- Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company of America, U.S. subsidiary of the parent British firm from 1899 until 1919 when it was reorganized as the Radio Corporation of America.
- Marconi National Historic Sites of Canada, Nova Scotia
- United States
- Marconi, California, a place in Marin County, California
- Marconi (surname)
- Marconi Radio Awards, presented to top radio broadcasters and stations.
- Marconi Stallions, Sydney football club.
- Marconi class submarine, Italian class of submarine.
- Marconi scandal, British political scandal.
- Marconi rig, common rigging configuration on sailboats (also known as a Bermuda rig).
- Guglielmo Marconi Memorial, Washington, D.C.
- Marconi University, Italy
- Marconi, a mountain in Peru
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Marconi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.