Llorente playing for Real Madrid in 2015
|Full name||Marcos Llorente Moreno|
|Date of birth||30 January 1995|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2014–2016||Real Madrid B||62||(3)|
|2016–2017||→ Alavés (loan)||33||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:44, 22 September 2018 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 June 2017
Marcos Llorente Moreno (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈmaɾkoz ʎoˈɾente moˈɾeno];[a] born 30 January 1995) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a central or defensive midfielder for Real Madrid.
Born in Madrid, Llorente joined Real Madrid's youth setup in 2008, aged 13. In July 2014, after impressing with the Juvenil squad, he was promoted straight to the reserves by manager Zinedine Zidane.
On 24 August 2014, Llorente made his senior debut, starting in a 1–2 away loss against Atlético Madrid B for the Segunda División B championship. He appeared in 25 matches during the campaign, totalling 1,637 minutes of action.
Llorente spent the 2015 pre-season with the first team, appearing in friendlies against Manchester City, Inter Milan and Vålerenga Fotball. He made his professional – and La Liga – debut on 17 October of that year, coming on as a second-half substitute for Mateo Kovačić in a 3–0 home win over Levante UD.
On 23 September 2017, Llorente's contract was extended until 2021. He made one appearance during the campaign's UEFA Champions League, when Madrid won their third consecutive and 13th overall title in the tournament.
Llorente earned his first cap for the Spain under-21 side on 10 October 2016, featuring the entire 5–0 home defeat of Estonia for the 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifiers, in Pontevedra.
- As of 31 October 2018
|Real Madrid Castilla||2014–15||25||0||0||0||0||0||25||0|
- Real Madrid
- In isolation, Marcos is pronounced [ˈmaɾkos].
- "FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2017: List of players: Real Madrid CF" (PDF). FIFA. 16 December 2017. p. 5. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "M. Llorente". Real Madrid C.F. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Marcos Llorente empieza a llamar a la puerta" [Marcos Llorente starts calling the door] (in Spanish). Defensa Central. 24 February 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Flechazo con Marcos Llorente" [Love at first sight with Marcos Llorente]. Marca (in Spanish). 25 July 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "2–1: Castilla let the three points slip against Atlético B" (in Spanish). Real Madrid C.F. 24 August 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Antibalas Keylor y tres fogonazos" [Bulletproof Keylor and three flashes]. Marca (in Spanish). 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Marcos Llorente, calidad y visión de juego para el centro del campo" [Marcos Llorente, quality and vision for the midfield] (in Spanish). Deportivo Alavés. 10 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.[permanent dead link]
- Estévez, Ignacio Parrón (11 September 2016). "Marcos Llorente se luce en el Camp Nou" [Marcos Llorente shows his stuff at the Camp Nou] (in Spanish). Realidad Blanca. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Ceremony to mark Marcos Llorente's contract renewal". Real Madrid C.F. 23 September 2017. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "Así llegan Real Madrid y Liverpool a la final de la Champions" [That is how Real Madrid and Liverpool arrive to the Champions final] (in Spanish). RCN Radio. 25 May 2018. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Madrid beat Liverpool to complete hat-trick". UEFA. 26 May 2018. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Asensio regresa a la Sub-21 y debuta Marcos Llorente" [Asensio returns to the Under-21s and Marcos Llorente makes debut]. Diario AS (in Spanish). 30 September 2016. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "La Rojita golea y se jugará ir a la Eurocopa en la repesca" [Rojita routing to fight for Eurocup berth in the play-offs]. Diario AS (in Spanish). 10 October 2016. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "Debutó con el Madrid Marcos Llorente, sobrino-nieto de Gento" [Madrid debut for Marcos Llorente, grand nephew of Gento]. Diario AS (in Spanish). 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Marcos Llorente: "Seguir los pasos de mi familia es un orgullo y una motivación extra"" [Marcos Llorente: "To follow in the footsteps of my family is an honour and an extra motivation"] (in Spanish). Real Madrid C.F. 9 April 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Marcos Llorente". Soccerway. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Cristiano Ronaldo free-kick fires Real Madrid to Club World Cup glory". The Guardian. 16 December 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017.