Marcos Rogério de Lima
|Marcos Rogério de Lima|
Marcos Rogério de Lima|
May 25, 1985
Ribeirão Pires, São Paulo, Brazil
|Other names||Pezão (portuguese for Bigfoot)|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
Heavyweight (205–265 Ib)|
Light Heavyweight (185–205 Ib)
Middleweight (170–185 Ib)
|Reach||75 in (191 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Ribeirão Pires, São Paulo, Brazil|
011 MMA Team|
American Top Team
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
last updated on: December 20, 2014
Marcos Rogério de Lima, also known as Marcos "Pezão", (born May 25, 1985), is a Brazilian mixed martial arts fighter currently competing in the Light Heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. A professional competitor since 2009, Lima has also formerly competed for Strikeforce and was a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3.
Mixed martial arts career
Lima made a name for himself fighting on his home country of Brazil. With an undefeated professional record, Lima surprised when defeated the heavy favorite and former WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho.
After his win against Filho, Lima was signed by Strikeforce. He made his debut on September 10, 2011 against Mike Kyle at Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Kharitonov, losing the fight via unanimous decision.
Following his debut defeat, Lima was released from Strikeforce. He fought for the Shooto Brazil light heavyweight championship at Shooto Brazil 29 on April 26, 2012 against Carlos Eduardo, losing the fight via knockout in the second round.
The Ultimate Fighter
On February 26, 2014 it was revealed that Marcos de Lima was selected to be a participant on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3. Lima defeated Thiago dos Santos via submission to move into the Ultimate Fighter house, and become an official cast member.
Lima was selected as the first pick (first overall) of coach Chael Sonnen to be a part of Team Sonnen. In his second Heavyweight fight of the season, Lima was selected to fight Jollyson Francisco and won via unanimous decision. He was then scheduled to face Antônio Carlos Júnior for a spot in the final against Vitor Miranda. He was defeated by submission (rear-naked choke).
Ultimate Fighting Championship
In his second bout for the promotion, Lima faced Igor Pokrajac in the Light Heavyweight division on December 20, 2014 at UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Dollaway. He won the fight via TKO in the first round.
He was briefly linked to a bout with Nikita Krylov on June 20, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 69. However, the pairing was booked to take place a week later at UFC Fight Night 70. Subsequently, Lima was removed from the card on June 19, after visa issues restricted his entry to the United States. The bout with Krylov eventually took place on August 23, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 74, with Lima losing by way of submission due to a rear naked choke in the first round.
De Lima was briefly linked to a bout with Gian Villante on November 12, 2016 at UFC 205. However, Villante pulled out of the fight on September 21 citing injury and the bout was scrapped. Subsequently, De Lima was quickly rescheduled and faced promotional newcomer Gadzhimurad Antigulov the following week at UFC Fight Night 100. He was quickly submitted in the first round.
De Lima next faced Jeremy Kimball at UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña on January 28, 2017. At the weigh-ins, de Lima came in at 209.5 lbs, over the light heavyweight limit of 206 lbs. As a result, de Lima was fined 20% of his purse, which went to Kimball and the bout proceeded as scheduled at catchweight. He won the fight via TKO in the first round.
De Lima next faced Ovince Saint Preux on April 22, 2017 at UFC Fight Night 108. At the weigh ins, de Lima weighed in at 210 pounds, 4 pounds over the Light Heavyweight limit of 206. This was the second time consecutively de Lima missed weight. As a result, he was fined 30% of his fight purse which will go to Saint Preux. The bout proceeded as a catchweight. He lost the fight via submission in the second round.
De Lima was expected to face Saparbek Safarov on September 2, 2017 at UFC Fight Night 115. Before the weigh ins, the UFC announced that De Lima had failed an out-of-competition drug screening, testing positive for the banned Anabolic steroids. As a result, the bout was cancelled. On April 24, 2018 dos Santos was clear of intentionally using of Performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) by USADA, where des Santos had taken tainted supplement which contained hydrochlorothiazide and anastrozole from the compounding pharmacies in Brazil. He is eligible to compete immediately as of April 24, 2018.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|21 matches||15 wins||5 losses|
|Loss||15–5–1||Ovince Saint Preux||Submission (Von Flue choke)||UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov||April 22, 2017||2||2:11||Nashville, Tennessee, United States||Catchweight (210 lbs) bout; de Lima missed weight.|
|Win||15–4–1||Jeremy Kimball||TKO (punches)||UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña||January 28, 2017||1||2:27||Denver, Colorado, United States||Catchweight (209.5 lbs) bout; de Lima missed weight.|
|Loss||14–4–1||Gadzhimurad Antigulov||Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Nogueira 2||November 19, 2016||1||1:07||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||14–3–1||Clint Hester||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||UFC 197||April 23, 2016||1||4:35||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||13–3–1||Nikita Krylov||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Oliveira||August 23, 2015||1||2:29||Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada|
|Win||13–2–1||Igor Pokrajac||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Dollaway||December 20, 2014||1||1:59||Barueri, Brazil||Light heavyweight bout.|
|Win||12–2–1||Richardson Moreira||KO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale: Miocic vs. Maldonado||May 31, 2014||1||0:20||São Paulo, Brazil||Heavyweight bout.|
|Draw||11–2–1||Ben Reiter||Draw||Inka FC 22||August 29, 2013||3||5:00||Lima, Peru||Middleweight bout.|
|Win||11–2||Antonio Sales Junior||TKO (punches)||Fair Fight - MMA Edition||December 16, 2012||1||3:46||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||10–2||Valter Luiz da Silva||TKO (punches)||Max Sport 3.1||November 10, 2012||1||4:20||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||9–2||Fabiano Adams||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||Shooto Brazil 31||June 29, 2012||1||3:33||Brasília, Brazil|
|Loss||8–2||Carlos Eduardo||KO (punches)||Shooto Brazil 29||April 26, 2012||2||0:17||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||For the Shooto Brazil Light Heavyweight Championship.|
|Loss||8–1||Mike Kyle||Decision (unanimous)||Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Kharitonov||September 10, 2011||3||5:00||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States||Light Heavyweight debut.|
|Win||8–0||Paulo Filho||Decision (unanimous)||First Class Fight 5||October 23, 2010||3||5:00||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||7–0||Daniel Villegas||TKO (punches)||MFC 4: Chile vs. The World||September 4, 2010||N/A||N/A||Santiago, Chile||Heavyweight bout.|
|Win||6–0||Leonardo Lucio Nascimento||TKO (punches)||First Class Fight 4||June 30, 2010||2||N/A||São Paulo, Brazil||Heavyweight bout.|
|Win||5–0||Nelson Martins||Submission (punches)||Nitrix Champion Fight 5||May 15, 2010||2||0:48||Balneário Camboriú, Brazil|
|Win||4–0||Rafael Navas||TKO (punches)||Full Fight 2||October 24, 2009||1||3:49||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||3–0||Silvério Bueno||KO (punch)||Ares Chaos MMA||October 17, 2009||1||0:39||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||2–0||Antonio Conceição||KO (punch)||Renegade Fight Championship 3||September 19, 2009||1||1:55||Bebedouro, Brazil|
|Win||1–0||Amauri Gumz||TKO (punches)||Renegade Fight Championship 1||March 14, 2009||1||N/A||Bebedouro, Brazil|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|3 matches||2 wins||1 loss|
|Loss||2–1||Antônio Carlos Júnior||Submission (rear-naked choke)||TUF Brasil 3||May 20, 2014 (airdate)||1||3:22||São Paulo, Brazil||The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 semifinal round.|
|Win||2–0||Jollyson Francisco||Decision (unanimous)||TUF Brasil 3||May 11, 2014 (airdate)||2||5:00||São Paulo, Brazil||The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 preliminary round.|
|Win||1–0||Thiago Santos||Submission (guillotine choke)||TUF Brasil 3||March 16, 2014 (airdate)||1||N/A||São Paulo, Brazil||The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 elimination round.|
- "Official Tapology Profile". tapology.com. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Paulo Filho loses to undefeated Marcos Rogerio "Pezao" de Lima". Prommanow.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Marcos Rogerio "Pezao" de Lima vs. Mike Kyle for SF in Sept". MMASHARE. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Marcos Rogerio 'Pezao' de Lima to Face Mike Kyle in Strikeforce September 10th". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Strikeforce HDNet Prelim Results: Mike Kyle defeats Marcos Rogerio De Lima by decision". Mmatorch.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Marcos Rogerio de Lima was released from Strikeforce - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums". Forums.sherdog.com. Archived from the original on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Shooto Brazil 29 Results (Official)". Mixedmartialarts.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Conheça os 32 participantes da terceira temporada do TUF Brasil". globoesporte.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Nathan McCarter. "TUF Brazil 3 Episode 1 Results and Recap: Wanderlei, Sonnen Evaluate Talent". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "'TUF: Brazil 3' Recap: Episode 10". Sherdog. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 Episode 11 Recap". Fight Game Blog. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "TUF: 'Brazil' 3 Finale fight card: Vitor Miranda vs Antonio Carlos Jr. & Warlley Alves vs Marcio Alexandre Jr. fight previews". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "TUF Brazil 3 Finale results, photos: Marcos Rogerio de Lima KOs Moreira in 20 seconds". MMAjunkie. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Igor Pokrajac vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima joins UFC Fight Night 58 lineup". MMAjunkie. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Tim Burke (2015-04-14). "Nikita Krylov vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima added to UFC Fight Night card in Berlin". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- Staff (2015-06-09). "Nikita Krylov vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima moved to UFC Fight Night 70". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-06-19). "Visa issues forces changes at UFC Fight Night 70, UFC 190". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-06-19.
- "UFC Fight Night 74 results: Nikita Krylov survives scare, taps out Marcos Rogerio de Lima". mmajunkie.com. 2015-08-23.
- Guilherme Cruz (2016-02-13). "Marcos Rogerio de Lima announces UFC 197 fight with Clint Hester". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-04-23). "UFC 197 results: Marcos Rogerio de Lima perfect in submission of Clint Hester". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- Guilherme Cruz (2016-09-08). "Gian Villante vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima added to UFC 205". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- Ariel Helwani (2016-09-21). "Gian Villante vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima off UFC 205". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-09-21.
- Staff (2016-09-25). "Six additional bouts announced for UFC Fight Night 100 on Nov. 19 in Sao Paulo". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-09-25.
- Brent Brookhouse (2016-11-19). "UFC Fight Night 100 results: Gadzhimurad Antigulov scores 67-second submission of Marcos Rogerio de Lima". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- Staff (2017-01-27). "UFC on FOX 23 weigh-in results: 1 fighter heavy and fined, but main card set". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- Ben Fowlkes (2017-01-28). "UFC on FOX 23 results: Marcos Rogerio de Lima needs half a round to tear through Jeremy Kimball". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-01-28.
- Marc Raimondi (2017-02-24). "Ovince Saint Preux gets quick turnaround, faces Marcos Rogerio de Lima in Nashville". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- Steven Marrocco (2017-04-22). "UFC Fight Night 108 results: Another Von Flue choke win for Ovince Saint Preux". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- David Tees (2017-06-29). "Four fights added to UFC Fight Night: Rotterdam". fightful.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Marcos Rogerio de Lima Flagged for Potential Anti-Doping Violation, Out of UFC Rotterdam | MMAWeekly.com". www.mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2018-04-24.