Tébar while with Girona
|Full name||Marcos Tébar Ramiro|
|Date of birth||7 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|1995–1998||Escuela Fútbol A.F.E|
|2003–2005||Real Madrid C|
|2003–2010||Real Madrid B||94||(4)|
|2006||→ Rayo Vallecano (loan)||17||(1)|
|2010||→ Girona (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 June 2017.
Marcos Tébar Ramiro (born 7 February 1986) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Indian Super League club FC Pune City. A product of Real Madrid's academy, he made one senior appearance for the club before departing in 2010 for spells with Girona and UD Almería.
Tébar was born in Madrid. A defensive midfielder, he signed for Spanish giants Real Madrid in 1998, at the age of 12. At just 16, Tébar was included in the first team squad for a friendly versus Sevilla in September 2002, and replaced Albert Celades during the first half of a 0–1 loss. He made his senior debuts with the C-team in 2003–04, in Tercera División, also appearing with the reserves in the same campaign.
Tébar was called up for the main squad in November 2005 by Vanderlei Luxemburgo, for a La Liga match against Real Zaragoza. He remained unused in the eventual 1–0 win, and was also on the bench in a match against Getafe CF on 3 December, before being assigned back to Castilla. On 15 January 2006 Tébar made his debut as a professional, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 1–3 loss at CD Castellón for the Segunda División championship.
On 18 January 2006 Tébar joined city neighbours Rayo Vallecano on loan until June. He returned to Los Merengues in June, after appearing in 17 matches during the campaign and scoring his first senior goal on 19 March, netting the first of a 2–1 home win against Universidad de Las Palmas CF.
After returning from Rayo, Tébar appeared regularly with the B-side in the following three seasons, scoring his first professional goal on 9 September 2006, but in a 1–3 loss at Deportivo Alavés. On 30 May 2009, he was called up for the main squad by manager Juande Ramos, along with Javier Velayos and Gary Kagelmacher, for the final game of 2008–09 against CA Osasuna. He made his debut in the main category of Spanish football in the following day, replacing Kagelmacher in the 58th minute of an eventual 1–2 loss at the Estadio Reyno de Navarra.
On 25 January 2010, Tébar joined Girona FC in the "silver category", on loan until June. He made his debut for the club late in the month, starting and playing the full 90 minutes of a 1–4 loss at FC Cartagena.
On 13 August Tébar returned to the Catalans on a permanent basis for three years, being sold for a mere €100. He was an essential midfield unit during his spell with the side, scoring his first goal on 1 September 2012 in a 1–0 home win over SD Ponferradina.
On 9 July 2013 Tébar joined UD Almería, recently returned to the top flight. He played his first game in the competition in four years on 19 August, starting in a 2–3 home loss to Villarreal CF.
On 25 June 2014, Tébar signed for English Championship side Brentford on a two-year contract, with the option for a third. He made his debut for the club on the opening day of the 2014–15 season, as a half time substitute for Moses Odubajo in a 1–1 draw with Charlton Athletic. He made five further appearances, starting three times, before falling behind Toumani Diagouraga and Jon Toral in the pecking order in late September. A thigh injury kept him out of the first team squad in November and December, before a brief return to the bench in January 2015. Manager Mark Warburton made Tébar available for loan in mid-March, but was concerned with the player's lack of match fitness putting off prospective takers. He made just six appearances during the 2014–15 season.
Tébar appeared in Brentford's 2015–16 pre-season matches, but missed the beginning of the season with a hamstring injury. Despite not being match fit, a high amount of injuries at the club saw him win his first call into a squad for the first time in 9 months when he was an unused substitute during a 2–1 victory over Preston North End on 19 September. Tébar's contract was terminated on 19 December 2015.
Tébar was capped for Spain at U16 and U17 level. Coming through in the same generation as Cesc Fàbregas and David Silva, Tébar was included the U17 squad for the U17 World Cup and the U17 European Championship in the summer of 2003, winning runners-up medals in both tournaments.
- As of 15 November 2017
|Real Madrid B||2003–04||Segunda División B||1||0||—||—||1||0|
|2004–05||Segunda División B||3||0||—||—||3||0|
|2007–08||Segunda División B||17||1||—||—||17||1|
|2008–09||Segunda División B||34||1||—||—||34||1|
|2009–10||Segunda División B||7||0||—||—||7||0|
|Rayo Vallecano (loan)||2005–06||Segunda División B||17||1||0||0||—||17||1|
|Real Madrid||2005–06||La Liga||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Delhi Dynamos||2016||Indian Super League||12||0||—||—||12||0|
|FC Pune City||2017–18||Indian Super League||0||0||—||—||0||0|
- Appearances in Promotion Play-offs
- "Marcos Tébar: "Cambiasso me dijo que jugara simple"" [Marcos Tébar: "Cambiasso told me to play simple"] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 10 September 2002. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Marcos Tébar" (in Catalan). Girona's official website. Archived from the original on 2014-10-24. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Tébar regresa al Castilla por orden de López Caro" [Tébar returns to Castilla by the order of López Caro] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 9 December 2005. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "El Castellón confirma su mejoría y remonta el partido al Castilla" [Castellón confirms reaction and comebacks match against Castilla] (in Spanish). Marca. 15 January 2006. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Tébar, cedido al Rayo Vallecano hasta el 30 de junio" [Tébar, loaned to Rayo until 30 June] (in Spanish). Rayo Herald. 18 January 2006. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Derrota del Universidad ante un Rayo ascendente" [Universidad's defeat to a rising Rayo] (in Spanish). Rayo Herald. 20 March 2006. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Los errores defensivos condenan al Castilla a la derrota en Vitoria" [Defensive errors condemn Castilla to defeat in Vitoria] (in Spanish). Marca. 9 September 2006. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Injury Crisis Hands Velayos, Gary And Tebar Real Madrid Squad Berths". Goal.com. 2009-05-30. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- "Osasuna 2–1 Real Madrid". ESPN Soccernet. 31 May 2009. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "El Real Madrid cede a Marcos Tebar al Girona" [Real Madrid loans Marcos Tebar to Girona] (in Spanish). Marca. 25 January 2010. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "El Cartagena juega con el Girona" [Cartagena plays with Girona] (in Spanish). 30 January 2010. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "El Girona ficha a Tébar... ¡por 100 euros!" [Girona signs Tébar... for 100 euros!] (in Spanish). Marca. 14 August 2010. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Un gol de 100 euros" [A goal worth 100 euros] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 21 April 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "El Girona no falla y sigue en las posiciones altas de la tabla" [Girona does not fail and continues in top part of table] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 1 September 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Tébar y Víctor llegan a Almería" [Tébar and Víctor arrive at Almería] (in Spanish). Marca. 9 July 2013. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Valiant Villarreal open with win". ESPN FC. 19 August 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "El Almería y Marcos Tébar llegan a un acuerdo para rescindir el contrato" [Almería and Marcos Tébar reach agreement to rescind contract] (in Spanish). Almería's official website. 9 June 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Former Real Madrid and UD Almería midfield player Marcos Tébar Ramiro joins Brentford". Brentford's official website. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- BBC Sport - Brentford 1-1 Charlton Athletic
- Ramiro Marcos Tebar Player Profile - ESPN FC
- Brentford boss backs Tebar to be a hit too - Get West London
- Brentford yet to receive offers for available midfielder - Get West London
- "Games played by Marcos Tébar in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- FC, Brentford. "Brentford FC Injury update". www.brentfordfc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- Moore, Tom. "Brentford's injury crisis: Marinus Dijkhuizen provides update on FIFTEEN players". Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- "Marcos Tebar Player Profile - ESPN FC". www.espnfc.com. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- "Marcos Tébar leaves Brentford". www.brentfordfc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Marcos Tébar, nou jugador de la Unió Esportiva Llagostera Costa Brava" [Marcos Tébar, new player for Unió Esportiva Llagostera Costa Brava] (in Catalan). UE Llagostera. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "ISL: FC Pune City sign Marcos Tebar". Times of India. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Tébar:Marcos Tébar Ramiro". BDFutbol. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Marcos Tébar". Soccerway. Retrieved 15 November 2017.