|Date of birth:||February 3, 1971|
|Place of birth:||Fort Worth, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||Fort Worth (TX) Eastern Hills|
|NFL Draft:||1993 / Round: 3 / Pick: 66|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Marcus Wayne Buckley (born February 3, 1971) is a former American college and professional football player who was a linebacker in the National Football League (NFL) for seven seasons during the 1990s. He played college football for Texas A&M University, and was honored as an All-American. He played his entire pro career for the New York Giants.
Buckley accepted and athletic scholarship to attend Texas A&M University, an played for the Texas A&M Aggies football team from 1989 to 1992. He was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American at linebacker in 1992.
Although credited by one Aggie fan on TexAgs.com message boards for "The Hit" on receiver Kyle McPherson in the 1991 game between the Aggies and Texas Christian University, the devastating blow was actually delivered by Buckley's contemporary, Quentin Coryatt. The Aggie fan who credited Buckley for "The Hit" refused to admit the mistake, despite many other TexAgs patrons providing conclusive evidence to the contrary. The mistake, and the lengthy message board dispute that followed, has become a part of TexAgs lore, to the extent that the caption "TexAgs. It was Buckley" was part of the winning product of a promotional TexAgs T-shirt design contest.
The New York Giants picked Buckley in the third round, 66th pick overall, of the 1993 NFL Draft, and he played for the Giants from 1993 to 1999. In seven NFL seasons, he played in 101 regular season games for the Giants, started 25 of them, and compiled 137 tackles. He was on the Atlanta Falcons 2000 roster, but played no games.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Marcus Buckley. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Marcus Buckley Archived 2012-03-24 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- TexAgs A&M Football Board, Thread titled "Marcus Buckley"
- The Official Repository of all TexAgs Lore, TexAgs Lore
- TicketCity, T-shirt Contest Winner
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1993 National Football League Draft. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Marcus Buckley. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- "Marcus Buckley profile.". NFL.com. Retrieved 23 July 2015.