Cromartie with the San Francisco 49ers in 2015
|No. 30 Buffalo Bills|
|Date of birth:||December 3, 1990|
|Place of birth:||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Mansfield (TX) Timberview|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Marcus A. Cromartie (born December 3, 1990) is an American football cornerback for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Wisconsin, and signed with the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2013.
Ranked as the 43rd best defensive back prospect in the nation by Rivals.com along with 57th best prospect by Scout.com. He was among the Top 100 players in the state of Texas. He was selected to the PrepTicket all-state team and also was a Texashsfootball.com honorable mention all-state team. He was named to second-team all-district in his junior season. He was selected to the first-team all-district and all-area team in his senior season in high school. Cromartie attended Mansfield Timberview High School in Arlington, Texas.
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
On November 18, 2014, Cromartie was signed to the San Francisco 49ers' practice squad. On September 5, 2015, he was released by the 49ers during final roster cuts and was signed to the practice squad the next day. After cornerbacks Tramaine Brock and Kenneth Acker sustained injuries, Cromartie was promoted to the active roster and made his first start of 2015 on November 8, 2015 against the Falcons, recording seven tackles. He appeared in eight games in 2015, recording 12 tackles and two pass deflections.
He is a cousin of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie of the New York Giants, who was an All-American cornerback at Tennessee State University, and was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals with the 16th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft as well as the cousin of former NFL cornerback Antonio Cromartie and former Washington Redskins safety Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith. Terrelle Smith, Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith's brother, formerly of the New Orleans Saints and the Detroit Lions is also a cousin of Marcus.
- "Wisconsin Badgers Profile". uwbadgers.com.
- "Marcus Cromartie". kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "Browns sign Marcus Cromartie to practice squad". WKYC.com. October 29, 2014.
- "Browns sign Phil Bates to practice squad". FoxSports.com. October 30, 2014.
- "49ers Sign Marcus Cromartie to Practice Squad". 49ers.com. November 18, 2014.
- "49ers Release 14 Players, Set 53-man Roster". 49ers.com. September 5, 2015. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- "San Francisco 49ers Sign 9 Players to the Practice Squad". 49ers.com. September 6, 2015. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- "49ers Promote Marcus Cromartie, Chris Davis to Active Roster; Announce Two Other Roster Moves". 49ers.com. November 7, 2015. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- "Bills add eight players to the roster". BuffaloBills.com. April 7, 2017.
- . (2013-04-27). "Chargers to sign Antonio Cromartie's cousin". UTSanDiego.com. Retrieved 2013-11-11.