Davies in September 2011
|Full name||Marcus Davies|
|Date of birth||6 April 1991|
|Original team(s)||North Hobart Football Club (TSL)|
|Draft||No. 43, 2009 National Draft, Carlton|
|Height / weight||188cm / 90kg|
|Position(s)||Midfielder / Defender|
|Current club||Tigers FC (Kingborough)(TSL)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2013.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Davies played his junior football with the Sandy Bay Lions Junior Football Club in Hobart, Tasmania, attending The Hutchins School. Upon turning eighteen in 2009, he broke into the North Hobart Football Club senior team in the (TSL); he played eleven senior games during the season, and by the end he was regularly amongst his team's best. He represented Tasmania at the 2009 AFL National Under 18 Championships, and was noted for his endurance at the Draft Camp. He was selected by the Carlton Football Club in the 2009 AFL National draft with its third round selection (#43 overall). Davies has played both midfield and defence during his junior career.
Davies made his senior Carlton debut in Round 19, 2010 against Essendon. In his first two seasons with the club, Davies played 13 games for Carlton, and spent the rest of the time with Carlton's VFL-affiliate, the Northern Blues Football Club. He played only four games in the next two years, was delisted at the conclusion of the 2013 season.
Davies played for the Port Melbourne Football Club in the (VFL) in 2014, and signed a three-year deal to serve as a playing assistant coach for the Tigers FC (Kingborough) in the (TSL) starting in 2015.
- Bresnehan, James (6 October 2009). "Davies attracts interest". Archived from the original on 17 October 2009.
- "Past Players List: 31 Marcus Davies".
- "Laidler walks as Carlton axes seven players". 18 September 2013.
- "More Signings for 2014". Sportingpulse. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Adam Smith (19 September 2014). "Davies returns eager to lift battling Tigers for next year's TSL season". Mercury. Hobart, TAS. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marcus Davies.|