Marcus Eli Ravage
Marcus Eli Ravage (Revici) (June 25, 1884, Bârlad, Romania – October 6, 1965 Grasse, France) was a Jewish American immigrant writer who wrote many books and articles about immigration in America and Europe between the world wars. Best known for his autobiographical book An American in the Making (1917), he is also known for his 1928 article, "A Real Case Against the Jews," which the Nazi German propaganda ministry and others down to the present have used as evidence that the world is dominated by Jewish conspirators. He was also a biographer of the Rothschild family as well as of Napoleon's second wife Marie Louise.
His articles "A real case against the Jews" and "Commissary to the Gentiles", published in the January and February 1928 issues of Century Magazine were apparently translated as "a devastating admission" first in the Czernowitz Allgemeine Zeitung on September 2, 1933. It was then re-translated as A voice in the wilderness; Jewish rabbi on Hitler's anti-Semitism by Right Cause in Chicago.
- An American in the making: The life story of an immigrant. Harper & Brothers. 1917 – via Internet Archive.
marcus eli ravage.
- The Jew pays: a narrative of the consequences of the war to the Jews of eastern Europe, and of the manner in which Americans have attempted to meet them. A. A. Knopf. 1919.
- The malady of Europe. New York: Macmillan. 1923.
- The story of Teapot Dome. Republic Publishing Co. 1924.
- "A Real Case Against the Jews". Century magazine. Vol. 115 no. 3. January 1928. pp. 346–350. Archived from the original on October 25, 2009.
- "The Jew: Commissary to the Gentiles: The First to See the Possibilities of War by Propaganda". Century magazine. Vol. 115 no. 4. February 1928. pp. 476–483. Archived from the original on October 25, 2009.
- Five men of Frankfort: The story of the Rothschilds. L. MacVeagh [The Dial press. 1934 [First published 1928] – via Internet Archive.
- Empress Innocence: The life of Marie-Louise. New York: A.A. Knopf. 1931.
- Bombshell against Christianity!. Erfurt, Germany: U. Bodung-Verlag. 1936 [First published 1928].
- Zwei Jüdische Aufsätze vom Juden Marcus Eli Ravage: A Real Case Against the Jews und Commissary to the Gentiles. English original text "mit deutscher Übersetzung". Erfurt, Germany: U. Bodung-Verlag. 1936, 1937, 1940, 1942. Check date values in:
- R. E. Stauffer, ed. (1922). "The New Immigration". The American Spirit in the Writings of Americans of Foreign Birth. The Christopher publishing house. pp. 151–159 – via Internet Archive.
- Maurice Samuel – author of You Gentiles
- Samuel Roth – author of Jews Must live
- A Racial Program for the Twentieth Century
- Theodore N. Kaufman – author of Germany Must Perish!
- Sternlicht, Sanford (December 16, 2004). The tenement saga: the Lower East ... – Sanford V. Sternlicht – Google Books. ISBN 978-029920483-9.
- "A voice in the wilderness, Jewish rabbi on Hitler's anti-Semitism". WorldCat Detailed Record.
- Christopher Clausen, "Grandfathers," in My Life with President Kennedy (University of Iowa Press, 1994).