Roberson before a Toronto Argonauts game in 2018.
|No. 43 – Toronto Argonauts|
October 4, 1992|
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||191 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Fort Lauderdale (FL) Aquinas|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Practice roster|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
|Player stats at PFR|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Marcus Dwayne Roberson (born October 4, 1992) is a professional Canadian football defensive back for the Toronto Argonauts. He played college football at Florida. He signed with the St. Louis Rams as an undrafted free agent after the 2014 NFL Draft.
Roberson was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He attended St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale. As a senior, he helped lead the St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders high school football team to a 15–0 record, a Florida Class 5A state championship, and the No. 3 national ranking in the USA Today Super 25.
Rated as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was ranked as the No. 2 cornerback prospect in the nation. He chose the University of Florida over offers from Auburn, Texas Tech and Southern California.
Roberson accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football team from 2011 to 2013. As a freshman in 2011, he started the first ten games before suffering a season-ending injury against the South Carolina Gamecocks. He finished his freshman season with 22 tackles, an interception and a fumble recovery. In 2012, he appeared in all 13 games, starting four; he recorded 23 tackles, 18 solo, had two interceptions, 12 pass breakups (which ranked second best in the Southeastern Conference), and a forced fumble. As a junior in 2013, his season was hampered by injuries and he played in only seven games, recording 11 tackles and three pass breakups.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 0 in
|4.61 s||1.57 s||2.57 s||4.08 s||6.84 s||37 1⁄2 in
|10 ft 0 in
St. Louis Rams
Roberson signed with St. Louis Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He played in 25 career games with the Rams, accumulating 39 tackles, one interception and seven passes defensed. On September 3, 2016, he was waived by the Rams as part of final roster cuts.
On September 5, 2016, Roberson was signed to the Buffalo Bills' practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on October 29, 2016. He was released by the Buffalo Bills on November 2, 2016 and was re-signed to the practice squad two days later. He was promoted back to the active roster on November 14, 2016. On May 11, 2017, he was waived by the Bills.
- Marcus Roberson - Yahoo Sports
- Roberson Commits to UF on Signing Day
- Freshman Roberson Out For Year
- UF's Roberson Declaring For NFL Draft
- "Rams Make 53-Man Roster Decisions". TheRams.com. September 3, 2016.
- "Bills add CB Marcus Roberson to practice squad".
- "Bills promote CB Marcus Roberson to 53-Man Roster". BuffaloBills.com. October 29, 2016.
- "Bills release CB Marcus Roberson from 53-man roster". BuffaloBills.com. November 2, 2016.
- "Bills re-sign CB Roberson to practice squad". Blogs.BuffaloBills.com. November 4, 2016.
- Brown, Chris (November 14, 2016). "Eric Wood to I-R; Roberson called up to 53-man roster". BuffaloBills.com.
- Carucci, Vic (May 11, 2017). "Bills sign two draft picks, release three players". BuffaloNews.com.
- "Texans claim Marcus Roberson off waivers". HoustonTexans.com. May 12, 2017.