|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
|Notable works||The Blade Itself
At the City’s Edge
The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes
Marcus Sakey is an American author and host to the Travel Channel show Hidden City.
Mr. Sakey attended the University of Michigan 1992–1996 with a double major in communication and political science. He also attended Columbia College Chicago for approximately one year in an MFA program with a focus in creative writing.
Sakey writes crime novels set in the blue collar world of the south side of Chicago. To conduct research for his plots, he has shadowed homicide detectives, gang cops, and interviewed soldiers. His debut novel, The Blade Itself, was featured as a New York Times Editor's Pick and named one of Esquire Magazine's 5 Best Reads of 2007.
Ben Affleck bought the film rights to The Blade Itself in 2008 for his production company. The film rights to his second and third novels, Good People and At the City’s Edge, have also been bought.
Sakey has licensed his Brilliance franchise to Kindle Worlds, a commercial venue for fan fiction, as The Abnorm Chronicles. Works written by other authors but set in the Brilliance continuity include Twist by Kevin J. Anderson.
- The Blade Itself (2007)
- Good People (2009)
- At the City's Edge (2009)
- The Amateurs (2009)
- The Desert here and the Desert Far Away (2010)
- No One (2010)
- Gravity and Need (2010)
- The Days Where You Were Anything Else (2010)
- As Breathing (2010)
- No Turning Back (2011)
- Scar Tissue: Seven Stories of Love and Wounds (2012)
- The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes (2012)
- Brilliance trilogy:
- Brilliance (2013)
- A Better World (2014)
- Written in Fire (2016)
- "Macmillan: All books by Marcus Sakey". Us.macmillan.com. 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Johnson, Geoffrey (2009-07-21). "You Should Know … Marcus Sakey - Chicago magazine - August 2009 - Chicago". Chicagomag.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Marcus Sakey, award-winning author of The Blade Itself, At The City's Edge, and Good People". Marcussakey.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "THE READERS' WRITERS: Interview with Marcus Sakey - Freeport, IL". The Journal-Standard. 2010-05-06. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
|This American novelist article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|