This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Schenkenberg in 2013
Marcus Lodewijk Schenkenberg van Mierop
August 4, 1968
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Eye color||Light brown|
Marcus Lodewijk Schenkenberg van Mierop better known as Marcus Schenkenberg, (born August 4, 1968), is a Swedish model. He was born in Solna (Stockholm County), to Dutch parents, and has dual citizenship of both Sweden and the Netherlands. Schenkenberg, best known for his Calvin Klein advertisements in the early 1990s, is also an actor, singer, writer, and TV personality. He has been modelling for 27 years.
Schenkenberg is best known for his Calvin Klein advertisements. He has also modelled for Versace, Giorgio Armani, Donna Karan and Iceberg. In the past he has been signed to Storm Model Management in London, Wilhelmina Models, Success Models in Paris, Boss Models, and D' Management Group in Milan. His present agency is Ford Models and Soul Artist Management in New York.
Marcus Schenkenberg has also appeared—mostly as himself—in many episodes of different international TV shows including the Pamela Anderson vehicle V.I.P. (2001), American soap opera As the World Turns, Stacked (2005), on VH1's fourth season of The Surreal Life or One Life to Live. In Italy these were The Corlucci Cald Show, La Grande Notte del Lunedì Sera, and Never Mind the Buzzcocks (2002) as well as La Talpa (2004), the Italian version of Celebrity Mole. Further he was guest host of an Italian soccer TV program and appeared on VH1's fourth season of The Surreal Life. Schenkenberg has guested in several German TV shows such as the Bambi (2003), Heidi Klum's Germany's Next Topmodel (2006) and took part at Stefan Raab's Wok racing (2010).
|1988||Meatballs and Macaroni||The big brother|
|2000||As the World Turns||Male Customer|
|2019||The Masked Singer||Squirrel|
In 1997, he published a book, Marcus Schenkenberg: New Rules, which featured numerous photos and personal notes and comments on his modelling career, as well as contributions from colleagues, family members and people in the fashion and modeling business.
In 1999, he was asked by a friend to record a song, which was meant for fun but was followed by a contract with EMI. "La Chica Marita" was produced by Tony Catania and was also released on the soundtrack of the movie Flawless with Robert De Niro. Schenkenberg described the work on the song and video as good experience, but he remained more interested in acting.
During the early nineties he had relationships with the models Maureen Gallegher, Catherine Hardenborg and Rosemarie Wetzel. Schenkenberg dated various prominent women during the following years, including Mariah Carey, Nicky Hilton, Niki Köhler, Victoria Silvstedt and Jessica Simpson. His relationship with Pamela Anderson between 2000 and 2001 made him more well-known to the public aside from his modelling.
Website Fashion Indie indicates that Schenkenberg is of mixed Dutch/Indonesian parentage. Presumably, one of Sex and the City's characters, Smith Jerrod (played by actor Jason Lewis)—Samantha Jones' model boyfriend—was inspired by Schenkenberg. One of Smith Jerrod's photos was a remake from that of Schenkenberg.
- Schenkenberg, Marcus (1997). Marcus Schenkenberg: New Rules. New York: Universe Publishing. ISBN 0-7893-0097-4.
- Schenkenberg, Marcus (2010). Body Secrets – Sexy Shape in Just 2 Weeks (DVD). München: Riva.
- "Vita, Official Website Marcus Schenkenberg"
- "Interview on Spiegel-Online, August 30th, 2000 (German)"
- "Tony Catania zu „La Chica Marita“ auf Catania Music Archived 2010-11-16 at the Wayback Machine"
- "Interview with Andrew Davis on January 15th, 2003"
- "Interview on Australia's current affairs show"
- "Leona Lewis und Marcus Schenkenberg bei "LR", Münsterländische Volkszeitung, July 4th, 2009 Archived 2011-07-19 at the Wayback Machine (German)"
- "Introducing...Marcus Schenkenberg - The Local". Thelocal.se. 11 September 2001. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- Schenkenberg, Marcus (1997). Marcus Schenkenberg: New Rules. New York: Universe Publishing. pp. 128–9. ISBN 0-7893-0097-4.
- Fink, Mitchell (6 November 1998). "Jeter Gives Mariah Championship Zing". New York Daily News. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "Biography on Gala.de (German)"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://fashionindie.com/all-hail-the-schenkenberg-worlds-1st-male-supermodel/marcus_schenkenberg_75579/[permanent dead link]
- "Zur Beauty-Party: Vampir-Lifting an Marcus Schenkenberg" (in German). Retrieved 25 August 2015.