Kutxi Romero at Pavelló Olímpic de Badalona.
|Members||Kutxi Romero - vocals|
Alen Ayerdi - drums
César Ramallo - Electric guitar
David Díaz "Kolibrí" - Electric guitar and acoustic guitar
Edu Beaumont "Piñas" - Bass
- Kutxi Romero: lead vocals and lyrics
- Eduardo Beaumont (Piñas): bass and vocals (occasionally).
- César Ramallo: electric guitar
- David ''Kolibrí'' Díaz: electric and acoustic guitar
- Alén Ayerdi: drums and backing vocals
- Edward Bonnin: Lead guitars (occasionally)
He called Alen Ayerdi - former drummer of Begira - who didn't hesitate to join Kutxi's project. He then contacted Edu Beaumont "Piñas", whom he had met one year before. Piñas hadn't played previously in any other band, but Kutxi - who was a very good friend of his - persuaded him to join as bassist. Piñas accepted and introduced Kutxi to César Ramallo, who would become one of Marea's guitarists. David Díaz, aka Kolibrí, also a guitarist, also joined the band.
The band was initially called "La Patera" but as a band with the same name already existed they adopted the name Marea, that was supposed to be the title of their first album that they instead named La Patera.
In 2000, due to problems with BMG they left them to join GOR. That year they released their second album: Revolcón.
Besos de Perro was released in 2002. After having played live about 200 times in approximately 3 years, they decided to take a little break from their music career and stopped touring to work on their following album.
In 2004, they released their fourth album, 28000 Puñaladas. They began touring until 2005.
Kutxi Romero announced in 2006 that Marea were working on their fifth album, Las aceras están llenas de piojos, which was released in 2007.
Also in 2007, Marea released the boxset Coces al aire 1997-2007. It includes a CD featuring 18 of their best songs (Coces al aire), one with previously unreleased songs and alternate versions (Jaurías de perros verdes), 2 DVDs - one with all their videos and some live recording and one including a whole live concert, a picture book and a biography of the band written by the journalist J. Óscar Beorlegui.
In 2008 they released Las putas más viejas del mundo, a live CD+DVD.
In 2011 they released their sixth studio album En mi hambre mando yo' mixed in Canada by Mike Fraser'.
- La Patera (1999)
- Revolcón (2000)
- Besos de perro (2002)
- 28.000 puñaladas (2004)
- Las aceras están llenas de piojos (2007)
- Coces al aire (2007, collection with unreleased tracks and DVD)
- Las putas más viejas del mundo (2008, live CD + DVD)
- En mi hambre mando yo (2011)
- * 2007- Secos los pies: 1997-2007 (2007)
- 2007- Coces al aire: 1997-2007 (2007)
- 2008- Jauría de perros verdes (2008)
- "Marea's biography (No direct link to source, Marea link must be clicked)". www.losmarea.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2007-10-02.
- "Archived copy" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2009-07-05. Retrieved 2009-07-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)