At the beginning of his career the actor was cast in three major roles at the Murau festival Shakespeare in Styria performed in English: In 2006 he was Caliban in a Nicholas Allen production of The Tempest, in 2007 and in 2009 he performed the male leading roles in Romeo and Juliet and in Macbeth, both directed by Daniel Winder.
Since 2005, Oravec lives and works in London, Great Britain where he graduated from Drama Centre London. His debut in England was the title role in Goethe's Faust, directed by Cecil Hayter at the London Tabard Theatre. In 2011 he performed at the Royal National Theatre - in The Kitchen by Arnold Wesker, directed by Bijan Sheibani.
As well as regular roles in film productions, Oravec performs for British TV productions such as the action series Crossing Lines, the daily soap Doctors, the procedural comedy-drama New Tricks and the science fiction series Torchwood. Furthermore, he joined Anna Friel in the TV drama The Psychopath Next Door and went on to star in the hit Swedish drama Modus.
- 2008: Valkyrie
- 2008: Londongrad (Shortfilm by Wilf Varvill) - Alexander Pilipenko
- 2009: Jean Charles - Iatzek
- 2011: Captain America: The First Avenger - Jan
- 2011: National Theatre Live: The Kitchen - Hans
- 2012: The Tragedy of Macbeth - Macbeth
- 2013: Get Lucky - Niko
- 2014: Fury - SS Officer
- 2015: Modus (Swedish series) - Richard Forrester
- 2016: Our Kind of Traitor - Andrei
- 2012 Best Feature Film Actor at the LA INDIE Film Festival (for the title role in The Tragedy of Macbeth)