Mares (scuba equipment)
|Industry||Diving equipment manufacturer|
|Founded||1949 (1949) at Rapallo, Italy|
Mares is a manufacturer of scuba equipment. Founded in 1949 by Ludovico Mares in Rapallo, Italy, the company initially made diving masks and spearguns. It has since expanded to become one of the largest scuba manufacturers, having merged with US manufacturer Dacor.
The Mares product range includes the following products:
- Diving Regulators - Both first stage and second stage regulators
- Dive computers
- Instruments - compasses, pressure gauges, Personal computer interfaces for their dive computers and watches
- Diving Wear – included Wetsuits, Drysuits and Rash guards
- Diving masks and Snorkels
- Accessories - Their accessories line includes dive torches, knives, Surface marker buoys, diving sportswear, bags, weight belts, hangers, dry boxes, etc.
- "Mission - Mares Corporate - Mares - just add water". Mares. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Regulators - Mares - just add water". Mares. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "A new dive era is here...the Mares HORIZON! • Mares - Scuba Diving Blog". Mares - Scuba Diving Blog. 2019-01-21. Retrieved 2020-02-09.