|Born||26 November 1892|
|Died||18 February 1990 (aged 97)|
|Other names||Margareta Krasova|
|Occupation||ballet dancer, ballet teacher, writer on ballet|
|Known for||Cecchetti method|
Margaret Craske was born on 26 November 1892 in Norfolk, England, daughter of Edmund and Hannah Craske. She was a pupil and disciple of Enrico Cecchetti. When Cecchetti retired to Italy in 1923 she took over teaching at his studio in West Street, London. She taught and developed the Cecchetti method in England and later in the United States. From 1931 until her death she was a follower of Meher Baba.
She lived in India from 1939 until 1946, when she moved to the United States and resumed teaching, first at the American Ballet Theatre. From 1950 she taught at the Metropolitan Opera Ballet School, and from 1968 until 1983 at the Manhattan School of Dance.
The published works of Margaret Craske include:
- Margaret Craske, Cyril William Beaumont (1930). The Theory and Practice of Allegro in Classical Ballet (Cecchetti Method). [London]: C. W. Beaumont.
- ——— , Friderica Derra de Moroda (1956). The Theory and Practice of Advanced Allegro in Classical Ballet, Cecchetti method ... Edited with a preface by Cyril Beaumont. London: C. W. Beaumont.
- ——— (1980). The Dance of Love: my life with Meher Baba. North Myrtle Beach, SC: Sheriar Press. ISBN 9780913078402.
- ——— (1990). Still Dancing with Love: more stories of life with Meher Baba. Myrtle Beach, SC: Sheriar Press. ISBN 9780913078648.
- Debra Craine, Judith Mackrell (2010). The Oxford Dictionary of Dance. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199563449. p. 110.
- Public Record Office, East-Suffolk County Administration, Reference: RG 13/1802, p. 17.
- Peggy van Praagh (1984). Working with Antony Tudor, Dance Research: The Journal of the Society for Dance Research Vol. 2, No. 2 (Summer, 1984), Edinburgh University Press. pp. 56-67. (subscription required)
- Jennifer Dunning (1990). Margaret Craske Is Dead at 97; Directed Met Opera Ballet School]. The New York Times, 23 February 1990. p. B5.
- [s.n.] ([n.d.]). Pioneers - Margaret Craske Archived 29 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Cecchetti International Classical Ballet. Accessed December 2013.
- Craske, Margaret (1990) Still dancing with love : more stories of life with Meher Baba, Sheriar Press. pp. 103–104. LCCN 89-78069.