Margaret Glaspy (2016)
|Birth name||Margaret Michelle Glaspy|
January 22, 1989|
|Genres||Singer-songwriter, indie folk, folk pop|
|Associated acts||Lucius, Milk Carton Kids, Rayland Baxter, Jayme Stone|
Margaret Glaspy is an American singer-songwriter. Glaspy was a member of The Fundies with Bridget Kearney, Rachael Price, and Brittany Haas. She began a solo career in 2012 and is currently signed with ATO Records. Glaspy has been based in New York City since 2010.
Glaspy was born in Sacramento on January 22, 1989, and grew up in Red Bluff, California. She took up the fiddle in third grade, but has stated that it was not until high school that she became “curious about songs, folk songs, and started writing and singing more.” In high school she tried her hand at the guitar and trombone. By the time she was sixteen, she had decided to focus upon the guitar.
Glaspy was able to get a small grant to study at Berklee College of Music and left rural Northern Central Valley of California for Boston. She spent three years in Boston and became good friends with her neighbor Bridget Kearney who introduced her to Rachael Price. Glaspy moved to New York and received a residency at Rockwood Music Hall.
Starting in 2010 Glaspy played lead vocals/guitar for The Fundies, which included Bridget Kearney (bass/vocals), Rachael Price (vocals), and Brittany Haas (fiddle/vocals). They released an EP in June 2012 with the help of Club Passim's Iguna Project. In August 2015, Glaspy and Haas played together at Club Passim, billed as Fun With The Fundies.
Glaspy began her solo career by releasing an EP in July 2012 titled Homeschool. She signed to ATO Records in 2015 and in January 2016, released a 7" EP, which included "You and I" and "Somebody to Anybody". These songs were later included in album, Emotions and Math.  which she self-produced and released in 2016.
- Homeschool EP (2012 Self-Released)
- If & When EP (2013 Self-Released)
- You and I b/w Somebody to Anybody 7" (2016 ATO Records)
- Emotions and Math (2016 ATO Records)
- Born Yesterday EP (2018 ATO Records)
With The Fundies
- The Fundies EP (2012 Self-Released)
- Jayme Stone's Lomax Project (2015 Borealis) 
- Kohn, Daniel. "Margaret Glaspy Traded Her Fiddle for a Guitar and Hasn't Looked Back". The Village Voice. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
- Bellomo, Tonianne. "When Cat Stevens Met John Mayer: an interview with Margaret Glaspy". Stage Buddy. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- Sullivan, Will. "Fun with The Fundies: Margaret Glaspy and Brittany Haas". Sound of Boston. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- Margaret Glaspy Bio[self-published source?]
- Bernhardt, Ross. "Download: "Ex-Factor (Lauryn Hill Cover" by Margaret Glaspy". Charged.fm. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
- George, Anita. "Song Premiere: Margaret Glaspy- "Ex-Factor (Lauryn Hill Cover)"". Paste. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
- "La elegancia californiana de Margaret Glaspy". jenesaispop. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
- Sanneh, Kelefa. "LISTEN TO MARGARET GLASPY'S "EMOTIONS & MATH"". The New Yorker. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
- DeVille, Chris. "Margaret Glaspy – "Emotions And Math"". Stereogum. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
- Bernstein, Jonathan. "Margaret Glaspy Emotions and Math". Pitchfork. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
- Boilen, Bob. "New Mix: Weezer, The Jayhawks, Colin Stetson, More". NPR.
- Hilton, Robin. "Watch: One Of The Year's Best Kiss-Off Songs". NPR.
- Renewed Folk Music From The Alan Lomax Archives
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Margaret Glaspy.|