Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge
|Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge|
The Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge as viewed from Reunion Tower in August 2015
|Height||400 feet (120 m) central arch pylon|
|Longest span||1,197 feet (365 m)
(total length 1,870 feet (570 m))
|Opened||March 29, 2012|
The Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge is a bridge in Dallas, Texas which spans the Trinity River and was built as part of the Trinity River Project. Designed by Santiago Calatrava, it is one of three such bridges planned to be built over the Trinity; the second, the Margaret McDermott Bridge, is currently under construction. The span parallels the Continental Avenue Bridge, a walking bridge.
Construction on the bridge began in spring 2007. It connects Spur 366 (Woodall Rodgers Freeway) in downtown to Singleton Boulevard in West Dallas. The cable-stayed bridge cost $117 million to build, with a total length of 1,870 feet (570 m), a main span of 1,197 feet (365 m), and an apex height of 400 feet (122 m). A Dallas Morning News analysis puts the project's total cost at $182 million.
On June 26, 2010, the signature 40-story center-support arch was topped with a central curved span, providing an additional feature to the Dallas skyline, which can now be seen from many miles away in several directions.
- Dallas Morning News - "Really This Time: Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Celebration Set for March 2–4," June 21, 2011
- Jaime S. Jordan, Margaret Hunt Hill dies at 91, Dallas Business Journal, Jun 15, 2007
- Bridge design & engineering: News - "First of Calatrava trio breaks ground in Dallas" - Retrieved on 3 May 2006
- Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge at Structurae - Retrieved 3 May 2006
- Michael A. Lindenberger and Jeffrey Weiss (February 21, 2012). "True cost of Dallas' Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge: $182 million". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved February 13, 2015.
- Dallas Morning News - "Dallas' Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge has its arch topped off" - Retrieved on June 27, 2010
- Clouds 365 Project- Year 2 - "3-20-11 | Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge and Downtown Dallas view from Hutchins Avenue"
- Clouds 365 Project- Year 3 - "11-02-11 | Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge and Downtown Dallas view from Hutchins Avenue"
- Corris, Michael (October 2015). "Dallasian Spring". Art in America. New York: Brant Publications: 55-58.