April 9, 1967
Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States
|Education||Fashion Institute of Technology|
|Known for||Macbeth Collection|
The Real Housewives of New Jersey
(m. 1994; div. 2013)
Margaret Katona Josephs (born April 9, 1967) is an American fashion designer, entrepreneur and television personality. She is the owner, founder and designer of a lifestyle brand called Macbeth Collection.
Early life and education
Josephs was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey to Hungarian immigrants and raised in Westchester, New York. She graduated from FIT with a degree in fashion design. Afterwards, she worked in New York's Garment Center as a dress designer. While working here, she was inspired by the prints and fabrics she worked with which later influenced her own line. After the birth of her son, she decided to establish her own line of decoupage home accessories.
Josephs launched Macbeth Collection in 1999 after realizing the popularity of her decoupage metal buckets and accessories. It has successfully transitioned into a lifestyle brand including tech, clothing and fashion accessories.
Josephs currently resides in Englewood, New Jersey. She formerly resided in nearby Tenafly, and her former home has been featured in many publications, such as 201 Magazine. Margaret Josephs married her first husband Jan Josephs in New York City. They had one son together and Jan Josephs had three children from a previous marriage. She is now married to her second husband.
Awards & Honors
- Country Living Entrepreneur of the Year, 2007
- Honorary Judge on the panel of Country Living Entrepreneur of the Year, 2008
- . 8 November 2017. Missing or empty
|title=(help); Missing or empty
- "Margaret Josephs". Bravo TV Official Site. 22 August 2017. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- Kuperinsky, Amy (August 22, 2017). "Who is Margaret Josephs, the new 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' cast member". nj.com. Retrieved September 30, 2019.
- Stone, Natalie (August 22, 2017). "Real Housewives of New Jersey: 5 Things to Know About New Housewife Margaret Josephs". People. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- "Macbeth Collection Website". Macbeth Collection. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Parija Kavilanz (May 13, 2012). "A Cluttered House Paid Off". CNN Money. CNN. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Getz, Dana (October 4, 2017). "Who's Margaret Josephs? The 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Star Is Bringing Determination & Pigtails". Bustle.com. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Johns, Gibson (October 3, 2017). "New 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Margaret Josephs reveals why it was 'perfect timing' for her to join the show". AOL. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Kraftofil, Colleen (September 28, 2017). "Why the New RHONJ Cast Member Margaret Josephs, 50, Exclusively Wears Her Hair in Pigtails". People. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Quinn, Dave (August 22, 2017). "Danielle Staub Returns to RHONJ — and What Furniture Is Teresa Giudice Flipping Now?". People. United States: Time Inc. Retrieved August 22, 2017.
- Gennis, Sadie (August 22, 2017). "Real Housewives of New Jersey: Get a First Look at Danielle Staub's Return in This Dramatic Trailer!". TVGuide.com. Retrieved August 22, 2017.
- Kuperinsky, Amy. "Who is Margaret Josephs, the new 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' cast member". NJ.com. NJ.com. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
- Brooke Perry (September 2014). "(201)". (201) Magazine. North Jersey: North Jersey Media Group (September 2014): 84–92. EAN 071896477504. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
The Macbeth Collection’s Margaret Josephs infuses her Tenafly home with edgy, eclectic style
- How to Deal with Being the Second Wife of a Man – Jacque Reid Discusses with Lifestyle Expert. The Tom Joyner Morning Show. New York City. May 22, 2015. Black America Web. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Secrets of the Second Wife. Better Show. New York City. June 26, 2015. Better TV. Archived from the original on 27 June 2015. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Bethany Lyttle (May 17, 2007). "Margaret Josephs, the MacBeth Collection". Country Living. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Bethany Lyttle (July 25, 2008). "The 2007 Country Living Women Entrepreneurs". Country Living. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Dawn Reiss (June 3, 2009). "Entrepreneur throws hats in ring". Chicago Tribune. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 26 June 2015.