November 8, 1942 |
Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Lyle Kessler (2 children)|
Margaret Ladd (born November 8, 1942) is an American actress, best known for her role as Emma Channing in the CBS primetime soap opera, Falcon Crest (1981–90).
Life and career
Ladd was born in Providence, Rhode Island. She began acting on the 1960s soap opera A Flame in the Wind as Jane Skerba from 1964 to 1965. She later starred in films include The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973) and A Wedding (1978), and appeared on number of television shows. like Taxi and Quincy, M.E.. Ladd also co-starred in a number of made-for-television movies, and had supporting roles in films I'm Dancing as Fast as I Can, The Escape Artist, and The Whales of August. She also appeared in Broadway shows, like My Sweet Charlie and Sheep on the Runway.
Ladd is best known for playing Emma Channing in the 1980s CBS primetime soap opera, Falcon Crest throughout its nine-year run from 1981 to 1990. Her last role was a small part in the film What's up, Scarlet? (2005); her first appearance after a hiatus of 14 years. In 2014, she appeared in two episodes of Amazon comedy-drama, Mozart in the Jungle. In 2016, Ladd was cast in the Woody Allen TV series Crisis in Six Scenes for Amazon Studios.
|1973||Friends of Eddie Coyle, TheThe Friends of Eddie Coyle||Andrea|
|1978||Wedding, AA Wedding||Ruby Spar|
|1982||I'm Dancing as Fast as I Can||Lara|
|1987||Whales of August, TheThe Whales of August||Young Libby Strong|
|2005||What's Up, Scarlet?||Estelle|
|TBA||Hobo 1 Meets Hobo 2||Short film, post-production|
|TBA||Constant as the Northern Star, AsAs Constant as the Northern Star||Auggie||Short film, post-production|
|1964||Flame in the Wind, AA Flame in the Wind||Jane Skerba||TV series|
|1979||Seeding of Sarah Burns, TheThe Seeding of Sarah Burns||Bonnie||TV film|
|1979||Taxi||Miss Stallworth||"Honor Thy Father"|
|1980||Quincy, M.E.||Nurse Margaret Aldred||"Cover-Up"|
|1980||Love Tapes, TheThe Love Tapes||Gloria||TV film|
|1981–1989||Falcon Crest||Emma Channing||Main role|
|1992||Reasonable Doubts||Libby Morris||"The Shadow of Death"|
|2014–15||Mozart in the Jungle||Claire||"You Have Insulted Tchaikovsky", "You Go to My Head", "Leave Everything Behind"|
|2016||Crisis in Six Scenes||Gail||3 episodes|
- "Margaret Ladd - Biography - Movies & TV - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. 1945-11-08. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Margaret Ladd". Nndb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Margaret Ladd Theatre Credits". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- McNeil, Alex (1996-09-15). Total television: the comprehensive guide to programming from 1948 to the present. Penguin Books. p. 271. ISBN 978-0-14-024916-3. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- "Friday". TV Guide, Volume 37, Issues 48-52. Triangle Publications. 1989. p. 131. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- "Woody Allen Amazon series adds to cast". Entertainment Weekly's EW.com. Retrieved 16 March 2016.