October 23, 1994 |
|Occupation||Actress, dancer, model|
Qualley was born in 1994 in Montana, the daughter of Andie MacDowell, an actress and model, and Paul Qualley, who is a model, musician, contractor, and rancher. Her sister, Rainey, is also an actress, dancer and model.
Education and training
As a teenager growing up in Asheville, North Carolina, she was a debutante, along with her sister, and made her debut at the Bal des débutantes in Paris. She trained as a ballerina, earning an apprenticeship at the American Ballet Theatre and studying at New York's French Academy. However, at the age of 17, following an offer to become an apprentice with the North Carolina Dance Theater company, Qualley changed her focus to acting and attended London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art summer program.
In April 2016, Qualley was announced to have joined the cast of Shawn Christensen's Sidney Hall. The film premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival, alongside another film of hers, Novitiate.
In the media
Qualley appears as the central character in a Spike Jonze-directed commercial for KENZO World.The short film/ad was choreographed by Ryan Heffington. However, much of the dance routine was improvised by Qualley herself, who trained as a classical ballet dancer.
|2013||Palo Alto||Raquel||Gia Coppola|
|2014–2017||The Leftovers||Jill Garvey||Various||Series regular|
|2016||The Nice Guys||Amelia||Shane Black|
|2017||Novitiate||Sister Cathleen||Margaret Betts|
|2017||Sidney Hall||Alexandra||Shawn Christensen|
|2017||Death Note||Mia Sutton||Adam Wingard|
- "InStyle Magazine Covers: 1995". In Style Magazine. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- "Andie Macdowell profile". filmreference.com. Retrieved 2016-05-22.
- "Getting to that Stage: Rainey and Margaret Qualley, photographed at Alder Manor, in New York". Vanity Fair. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Social Safari in Paris, France". newyorksocialdiary.com. Retrieved 2016-05-22.
- "MacDowell Colony". Town and Country Magazine. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Debutantes in movies: Stars of stage and screen". NOLA.com. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- "Margaret Qualley plays Justin Theroux's daughter on The Leftovers but her real-life Mom is famous, too". Bustle. June 29, 2014.
- "Andie MacDowell's Daughters Make the Move to LA". thedailytruffle.com. September 2, 2016.
- "Andie Macdowell's daughter, 16, makes modelling debut at Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti's New York Fashion Week show". Daily Mail. September 15, 2011.
- "IMG Models, Margaret Qualley - Model". imgmodels.com. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- "Margaret Qualley profile". unomodels.com. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- "Palo Alto's Young Hollywood Cast". W Magazine. May 6, 2014.
- "Cable Pilots ‘The Leftovers’, ‘Quarry’ & ‘The Strain’ Add To Casts". Deadline. June 20, 2013.
- Kit, Borys (September 22, 2016). "Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe Thriller 'Nice Guys' Casts Female Leads". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved September 17, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (November 12, 2015). "‘The Leftovers’ Star Margaret Qualley Joins Nat Wolff in ‘Death Note’". Variety. Retrieved April 16, 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (April 25, 2016). "Blake Jenner, Margaret Qualley and Tim Blake Nelson Join Sidney Hall". Variety. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Debruge, Peter (December 5, 2016). "Sundance Film Festival Unveils 2017 Premieres, Midnight, Spotlight Sections". Variety. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- Vine, Richard (August 31, 2016). "Spike Jonze gets freaky for Kenzo – where film meets beauty". The Guardian. Retrieved September 1, 2016.
- Kim, Monica. "Meet the Man Behind Margaret Qualley’s Insane Dance Solo in the New Kenzo Commercial". vogue.com. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "Meet Margaret Qualley: HBO's Next It Girl". Vogue. June 26, 2014.