Margaret Ross (academic)
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2016)|
BCS Women is a specialist group for networking and sharing knowledge amongst women computing professionals. She was awarded an Honorary Doctorate from Staffordshire University, Hon FBCS and the John Ivison Award from the BCS. Margaret's work was recognised in 2008 with the MBE.
- Fellow of the British Computer Society (FBCS)
- European Engineer (Eur Ing)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Chartered Scientist (CSci)
- Conference Director of the annual series of BCS Software Quality Management international conferences (since 1992)
- Conference Director of the annual series of international educational BCS INSPIRE conferences (since 1995)
- Member of the Editorial Board, and previously Associate Editor, Europe, for the Software Quality Journal
- Honorary Doctorate (2004), Staffordshire University.
- Freeman of the City of London
- Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Engineers.
- John Ivison Award from the BCS.
- MBE awarded at Buckingham Palace for Services to higher education, in June 2008, by Prince Charles as part of the Queens Birthday Honours List.
- One of 30 women identified in the BCS Women in IT Campaign in 2014 source http://www.bcs.org/content/conWebDoc/50200. Who were then featured in the e-book "Women in IT: Inspiring the next generation" produced by the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, as a free downloade-book, from various sources.
- One of the 50 women identified by the publication Computer weekly, "Most Influential Women in UK IT 2016" 
- "BCSWomen Committee Webpage".
- "BCSWomen". Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Eur Ing Professor Margaret Ross, MBE, FBCS CITP, CEng, CSci". BCS. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Editorial Board, Software Quality Journal". Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Award of Honorary Degree is bestowed for major contributions to Staffordshire University". Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Engineers". Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "John Ivinson Award". BCS. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "BCS Fellows Honoured in Queen's Birthday List". BCS. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- Women in IT: Inspiring the next generation (PDF). British Computer Society. 1 Oct 2014. p. 57. ISBN 978-1-78017-287-3. Retrieved 14 Oct 2014.