Margaret Stewart, Countess of Angus
- See also Margaret Stewart.
She was the widow of Thomas, Earl of Mar. By an illicit affair with William Douglas, 1st Earl of Douglas, husband of the Earl of Mar's sister, she became the mother of George Douglas, 1st Earl of Angus (c. 1380-1403), and secured a charter of her estates for her son, to whom in 1389 the title was granted by King Robert II.
- Balfour Paul, vol i p 171
- Act of Parliament, Edinburgh 10 April 1389
- Balfour Paul, Sir James, Scots Peerage IX vols, Edinburgh 1904. 
- Fraser, Sir William, The Douglas Book IV vols. Edinburgh 1885. 
- The Records of the Parliaments of Scotland to 1707 , K.M. Brown et al. eds (St Andrews, 2007–2011).
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|