Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
|Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones|
Margarita (far right) at the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011.
|Born||Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne Armstrong-Jones
14 May 2002
Portland Hospital, London, England
|Known for||Grandniece of Queen Elizabeth II and granddaughter of Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon|
|Parent(s)||David Armstrong-Jones, 2nd Earl of Snowdon
Serena Armstrong-Jones, Countess of Snowdon
Lady Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne Armstrong-Jones (born 14 May 2002) is the only daughter and youngest child of the Earl and Countess of Snowdon. She is the only granddaughter of Princess Margaret and the first of three granddaughters of the 1st Earl of Snowdon.
Lady Margarita was born in 14 May 2002 at Portland Hospital in London , She is 20th in the line of succession to the British throne and the thrones of the 15 other Commonwealth realms. She is named after her paternal grandmother, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, and her great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, both of whom died shortly before her birth. Rose was, according to her father in an interview with Majesty Magazine, selected by her brother Charles. Alleyne is also one of her mother's middle names.
In September 2006, according to a 25 December 2006 article in the Daily Telegraph, "Margarita was photographed sitting on the luggage rack of her father's bicycle in rush hour traffic." The photograph provoked complaints from advocates of traffic safety.
On 14 February 2011, it was publicly announced that Margarita had been asked to be a bridesmaid at the wedding of Prince William of Wales, her second cousin, and Catherine Middleton, which she did on 29 April 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London.
At age 14 she attended her first society fashion show.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
- 14 May 2002 – 13 January 2017: The Honourable Margarita Armstrong-Jones
- 13 January 2017 – present: Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
|Ancestors of Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones|
- Pierce, Andrew (2002). "Margarita makes her debut". The Times. London , England. Retrieved 3 January 2007.
- Bloks, Moniek (15 January 2017). "Meet the new Earl of Snowdon". Royal Central. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- Davies, Caroline (26 December 2006). "Margarita Swings In To Steal Sandringham Show". The Daily Telegraph. UK. Retrieved 28 December 2006.
- Pearl, Diana (19 January 2017). "The Royal Who Bikes to Work". People. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Starring roles for six young attendants". The Times. 23 April 2011. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- Marsh, Stephanie (29 April 2011). "The bridesmaids and pageboys: it was their big day too". The Times. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- Mountford, Jane (1 June 2016). "Dior Cruise 17 Collection Video And Attendees: The Weeknd, Kiernan Shipka, Lady Kitty Spencer". Fashion Times. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Wendy Challen: 'I don’t want programmed robots - I want children with a zest for life'". The Daily Telegraph. 21 June 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- . Daily Mail. 2 June 2016 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3620950/Kate-reveals-Oscar-winning-stalker-Actress-explains-big-impression-director-Tom-Hooper-Oxford.html. Retrieved 19 February 2017. Missing or empty
- Caroline Davies, "Margarita Swings in To Steal Sandringham Show," a 25 December 2006 Telegraph
- An Online Gotha, a genealogy of the royal family of Great Britain.
Media related to Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones at Wikimedia Commons
Lady Margarita Armstrong-JonesBorn: 14 May 2002
|Lines of succession|
|Line of succession to the British throne
Lady Sarah Chatto