|Occupation||Writer, poet, painter|
Marge Baliff Simon (born 1942) is an American artist and a writer of speculative poetry and fiction. Her poems, short fiction, and illustrations have appeared in hundreds of publications, including Amazing Stories, Nebula Awards 32, Strange Horizons, The Pedestal Magazine, Chizine, Niteblade, Vestal Review, and Daily Science Fiction.
Marge Simon was born in Bethesda, MD, but grew up in Boulder, CO. She received her BA and MA degrees from the University of Northern Colorado, and then continued her studies at the Art Center College of Design. Deciding against a career as a commercial artist, she began working as an art teacher in elementary schools instead.
In the mid-1980s, Simon began writing and illustrating for the small press and went on to become an award-winning writer. She received the Rhysling Award's Best Long Poem for speculative poetry in 1996. She won the Bram Stoker Award for her collaborative poetry collection with Charlee Jacob, Vectors: A Week in the Death of a Planet in 2008, and again in 2012 for her collection Vampires, Zombies, and Wanton Souls. Her poetry has also won the Dwarf Stars Award, the Strange Horizons Readers Poll and the Elgin Award for Best Poetry Collection, "Sweet Poison" with Mary A. Turzillo. She was awarded the Science Fiction Poetry Association's Grand Master poetry award in 2015.
Simon is a former president of the Small Press Writers and Artists Organization and the Science Fiction Poetry Association, and a former editor of Star*Line, SFPA's bimonthly journal. In 2013 she began editing the column "Blood and Spades: Poets of the Dark Side" for the monthly newsletter of the Horror Writers Association. She also serves as the Chair of the HWA Board of Trustees.
- Poets of the Fantastic (co-ed. with Steve Eng). AE Press, 1993
- Eonian Variations. Dark Regions, 1995
- Night Smoke with Bruce Boston, ebook. Miniature Sun/Quixsilver, 2003 (Bram Stoker Award finalist)
- Artist of Antithesis, ebook. Miniature Sun, 2004 (Bram Stoker Award finalist)
- Vectors: A Week in the Death of a Planet with Charlee Jacob. Dark Regions, 2007 (Bram Stoker Award winner)
- Night Smoke with Bruce Boston, expanded print edition of the 2003 ebook. Kelp Queen Press, 2007
- Uneathly Delights. Sam's Dot Publishing, 2011
- The Mad Hattery. Elektrik Milk Bath Press, 2011
- The Four Elements with Linda Addison, Rain Graves, and Charlee Jacob. Bad Moon Books, 2012
- Dangerous Dreams with Sandy DeLuca. Elektrik Milk Bath Press, 2013
Poetry and fiction books
- Dragon Soup with Mary Turzillo. vanZeno Press, 2008
- Legends of the Fallen Sky with Malcolm Deeley. Sam's Dot Publishing, 2008
- City of a Thousand Gods with Malcolm Deeley. Sam's Dot Publishing, 2010
- Like Birds in the Rain. Sam's Dot Publishing, 2007
- Christina's World. Sam's Dot Publishing, 2008
- The Dragon's Dictionary with Mary Turzillo. Sam's Dot Publishing, 2010
- Gallery of color art at Strange Horizons. 
- Soho Galleries, black and white art.