26 July 1972
|Occupation||TV and radio presenter|
|Radio Stations||Classic FM & Smooth London|
Taylor is of Trinidadian, Ghanaian and Danish heritage. Taylor started her career in broadcasting in 1993 when Birmingham based radio station BRMB offered her a slot as a DJ as part of a talent contest. She presented a weekend overnight show, but soon came to the attention of bosses at Capital London, BRMB's former sister station in London, and in 1994, was appointed presenter of weekend breakfast on the station, and provided cover for Capital's other presenters. She was the longest serving member of the on-air team. During the week, during this period, she would also work at the Tate Gallery as a part of the box office.
Taylor has presented an evening show on The Jazz; a radio station available on satellite, DAB and online. She could be heard on the Capital nine-station network presenting early weekend breakfast from 8 January until 31 December 2011.
Presently, Taylor presents on two Global Group radio stations: Smooth Classics on Classic FM each weeknight 2200 – 0100, along with Sunday afternoons from 1200 – 1600 and regular supply cover on Heart London and The Heart Network until March 2017. In March 2017 Taylor moved to Smooth London to present Sunday afternoons 2-6pm show, which is part of the Global Group
Taylor has also done voiceover work for British television advertisements.
- Money Media guardian.co.uk
- Margherita Taylor Archived 2010-03-05 at the Wayback Machine jamesgrant.co.uk
- "Margherita Taylor: My Life In Travel". 20 August 2005.
- Margherita Taylor loses Capital 95.8 morning slot in shakeup guardian.co.uk
- "No. 63571". The London Gazette (Supplement). 1 January 2022. p. N25.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08mjgm4, Margherita Taylor visits Shropshire