30 May 1929
|Spouse(s)||Jean-Pierre Ponnelle (1957-1988) (his death) (1 son)|
|Children||Pierre-Dominique Ponnelle (b. 1957)|
Margit Saad (born 30 May 1929) is a German actress who has worked largely in German film and television but has also made occasional English language appearances. She was born in Munich, Bavaria as daughter of a Lebanese linguist as father and a German language teacher from Düsseldorf as mother. She made her screen debut in Eva erbt das Paradies. In 1960 she starred in the British drama film The Criminal and followed it up with appearances in other British films and television programmes such as The Rebel (US Call Me Genius, 1961) with Tony Hancock, Playback (1962), an entry in the Edgar Wallace Mysteries series of second features, The Saint in The Saint Sees It Through (1964) and The Magnificent Two (1967) supporting Morecambe and Wise.[unreliable source?]
Saad appeared in an early 1966 episode of the American television espionage series Blue Light. It was edited together with three other episodes later in 1966 to create the American theatrical film I Deal in Danger, which includes her appearance.[unreliable source?][unreliable source?]
- Behind Monastery Walls (1952)
- Southern Nights (1953)
- The Gypsy Baron (1954)
- Peter Voss, Thief of Millions (1958)
- Paradise for Sailors (1959)
- Playback (1962)
- I Deal in Danger (1966)
- Rockwell, John (12 August 1988). "Jean-Pierre Ponnelle, 56, Is Dead; Was Opera Director and Designer". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "Pierre-Dominique Ponnelle (Conductor) - Short Biography". Bach-cantatas.com. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- Margit Saad on IMDb
- Margit Saad at the British Film Institute's Film and TV DataBase
- "CTVA Europe - "Blue Light" (TCF/ABC(1966) Robert Goulet, Christine Carere". Ctva.biz. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "» A TV Series Review by Michael Shonk: BLUE LIGHT (1966)". Mysteryfile.com. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Margit Saad.|
|This article about a German film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|