|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Born||María Marguerita Guadalupe Teresa Estela Bolado Castilla y O'Donnell
May 10, 1917
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
|Died||July 17, 1985
Pacific Palisades, California, U.S.
Margo (May 10, 1917 – July 17, 1985), sometimes known as Margo Albert, was a Mexican film actress and dancer. She was born María Marguerita Guadalupe Teresa Estela Bolado Castilla y O'Donnell in 1917 in Mexico City, Mexico.
Margo appeared in many American motion pictures and television productions, mostly in minor roles. Her more substantial roles include Lost Horizon (1937), The Leopard Man (1943), Viva Zapata! (1952), and I'll Cry Tomorrow (1955). Her final role was as murderess Serafina in the 1965 Perry Mason episode, "The Case of the Sad Sicilian."
Margo was married to the actor Francis Lederer from 1937 until their divorce in 1940. She was the niece by marriage of the band leader and musician, Xavier Cugat, through his first marriage to Carmen Castillo.
She married the actor Eddie Albert on December 5, 1945, and they remained together until her death from brain cancer in 1985. They lived in Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles. Her interment was at Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery. Their son Edward Albert became an actor, and their adopted daughter Maria became her father's business manager.
This filmography of theatrical features is believed to be complete.
- 1934: Crime Without Passion
- 1935: Rumba
- 1936: The Robin Hood of El Dorado
- 1936: Winterset
- 1937: Lost Horizon
- 1939: El Milagro de la calle mayor
- 1939: Miracle on Main Street
- 1943: The Leopard Man
- 1943: Behind the Rising Sun
- 1943: Gangway for Tomorrow
- 1952: Viva Zapata!
- 1955: I'll Cry Tomorrow
- 1958: From Hell to Texas
- 1962: Who's Got the Action?
- 1970: Diary of a Mad Housewife
- Obituary Variety, July 24, 1985.
- "Margo". AFI Catalog of Feature Films. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- "Diary of a Mad Housewife". AFI Catalog of Feature Films. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Margo (actress).|