Margreth Olin Mykløen
16 April 1970
|Known for||Film director|
Mykløen is educated at the University of Bergen and Høgskulen i Volda, and had her debut as documentary filmmaker with the graduation film I kjærleikens hus (1995). In 1998 her first feature documentary Dei mjuke hendene premiered in cinemas and received a number of awards, including the Amanda prize. The first fiction film was Fråtseri, one of several short films in the series De 7 dødssyndene (2000).
She had a real breakthrough with the documentary Kroppen Min (2002), awarded the Amanda-price for best documentary, and the audience award «Gullstolen» at the Short Film Festival in Grimstad, and several awards at international festival. Ungdommens råskap (2004) is viewed by almost 60,000 in Norwegian cinemas.
In 2006 she made herself known to be the initiator of the action «Nestekjaerlighet.no». Two years later when she resumed the action protesting against new cutbacks in the immigration policy, she was titled the Year 2008 Norwegian by the Norwegian weekly magazine Ny Tid. In 2009 she received a lot of attention for the debut as a feature film director with the movie Engelen, and is working on a new documentary on Norwegian immigration policy.
- Dei mjuke hendene awarded the 1999 Amanda for Best Documentary. Also won the Audience award at Nordisk Panorama and other awards.
- Kroppen min awarded the 2002 Amanda for Best Documentary, and also Gullruten 2004 for best TV documentary. It won the prize Best Documentary – Special Mention at the 2002 Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.
- Ungdommens råskap awarded the Best documentary at the 2005 Grimstad film festival. Nominated (for best documentary) at the 2005 European Film Awards.
- Angel selected as the Norwegian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 83rd Academy Awards but it didn't make the final shortlist.
- Amnesty International Norway award 2010
- I kjærleikens hus (1995) (director)
- Dei mjuke hendene (1998) (director)
- Kroppen min (My Body) (2002) (director)
- Ungdommens råskap (Raw Youth) (2004) (director) ("documentary")
- Lullaby (2006) (director)
- Engelen ("Angel") (2009) (director)
De Andre (2012)
- Margreth Olin Biography on Speranza.no
- Margreth Olin on Filmweb (Profil)
- Ullmanns ærespris til Margreth Olin Filmweb (2010, in Norwegian))
- Tett på nett - Margareth Olin Portret Verdens Gang (2004, in Norwegian))
- Idealtid - Margareth Olin Portret Dagbladet (in Norwegian)
- Margreth Olin on IMDb
- Norwegian of the year 2008