|Ocean/sea sources||Southern Ocean|
Marguerite Bay or Margaret Bay is an extensive bay on the west side of the Antarctic Peninsula, which is bounded on the north by Adelaide Island and on the south by Wordie Ice Shelf, George VI Sound and Alexander Island. The mainland coast on the Antarctic Peninsula is Fallières Coast. Islands within the bay include Pourquoi Pas Island, Horseshoe Island, Terminal Island, and Lagotellerie Island. Marguerite Bay was discovered in 1909 by the French Antarctic Expedition under Jean-Baptiste Charcot, who named the bay for his wife.
Toadstool Rocks are a group of insular, ice-covered rocks that rise to about 250 cm above sea level in the southwest part of Marguerite Bay, east-southeast of Terminal Island. The rocks were roughly charted from RRS association with Mushroom Island and Puffball Islands.
Endurance Reef is a reef in Marguerite Bay, lying 8 miles (13 km) west of Red Rock Ridge. The name is after HMS Endurance which at this position in February 1972 struck a rock in a depth of 2 metres (7 ft). The area was surveyed by boats from the Endurance in 1973 when similar depths were found up to 1 mile (1.6 km) south-southwest of the rock.
Harvey Shoals (Miller Island and Northstar Island in Marguerite Bay. They were charted by the Hydrographic Survey Unit from RRS John Biscoe in 1966, and were named for Petty Officer Brian E. Harvey, the surveying recorder who carried out all the sounding for this survey.) are three shoal patches located between
- "Marguerite Bay". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2020-06-30.
- "Toadstool Rocks". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2020-06-30.
- "Endurance Reef". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2020-06-30.
- "Harvey Shoals". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- Stephen J. Livingstone, Colm Ó Cofaigh, Chris R. Stokes, Claus-Dieter Hillenbrand, Andreas Vieli & Stewart S.R. Jamieson, Glacial geomorphology of Marguerite Bay Palaeo- Ice stream, western Antarctic Peninsula, Journal of Maps, 9:4, 558–572, DOI: 10.1080/17445647.2013.829411