Mari (given name)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Meaning||Different depending on the kanji|
|Region of origin||Japanese, Norwegian, Swedish, Estonian|
Mari is a feminine given name in the Breton, Japanese, Estonian, Hungarian, Finnish, Welsh, Swedish and Norwegian languages. It is also a devotional given name in Tamil. It can be seen as a cognate of Mary in Danish, Finnish, Norwegian or Swedish.
- 真理, "truth"
- 万里, "long distance"
- 茉莉, "jasmine"
- 麻里, "hemp, village"
- 麻莉, "hemp, white jasmine"
- 愛莉, "love, white jasmine"(This kanji can also be read as Airi.)
- Mari Akasaka (真理, born 1964), Japanese novelist
- Mari Amachi (真理, born 1951), Japanese singer and actress
- Mari Eguro (真理, born 1972), a Japanese American actress, musician and model known as Marie Eguro in the U.S.
- Mari Hamada (麻里, born 1962), Japanese rock singer
- Mari Hamada (actress) (マリ, born 1968), Japanese singer and actress
- Mari Hanafusa (まり, born 1974), Japanese actress in Takarazuka Revue
- Mari Henmi (マリ, born 1950), Japanese singer and actress
- Mari Hoshino (真里, born 1981), Japanese actress
- Mari Iijima (真理, born 1963), Japanese singer-songwriter
- Mari Kanō (茉莉), Japanese voice actress
- Mari Kimura (born 1962), Japanese violinist and composer
- Mari Kiviniemi (born 1968), Finnish politician and former Prime Minister of Finland
- Mari Klaup (born 1990), Estonian heptathlete
- Mari Kodama (麻里), Japanese pianist
- Mari Konishi, a Japanese musician
- Mari Kotani (真理, born 1958), Japanese science fiction critic
- Mari Lill (born 1945), Estonian actress
- Mari Mashiba (摩利, born 1959), Japanese voice actress
- Mari Matsuda (born 1956), American lawyer, activist, and law professor
- Mari Motohashi (麻里, born 1986), Japanese curler
- Mari Natsuki (マリ, born 1952), Japanese singer, dancer, and actress
- Mari Ozaki (まり, born 1975), Japanese long-distance runner
- Mari Ozawa (真理), Japanese manga artist
- Mari Shirato (真理, born 1958), Japanese actress
- Mari Yaguchi (真里, born 1983), former member of the Japanese idol group Morning Musume
- Mari Yamaguchi (真理), a Japanese video game music composer
- Mari Yonehara (万里, 1950–2006), Japanese translator, essayist, non-fiction writer and novelist
- Mari Youngblood, American singer
- Mori Mari (茉莉, 1903–1987), Japanese author and daughter of famed novelist Mori Ōgai
- Annu Mari (真理, born 1948), Indo–Japanese actress
- Mari Shiraishi (白石 真梨), Japanese voice actress
- Mari Yamashita (マリ), a recurring character from the manga series Inubaka: Crazy for Dogs
- Ayuki Mari (摩利), a supporting character in Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
- Mari Jiwe McCabe, also known as Vixen, a DC Comics character.
- Mari Illustrious Makinami, a character in the Japanese animated film series Rebuild of Evangelion, a retelling of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- Mari Kurihara (栗原), a character from the manga and anime series Prison School
- Mari Ohara (鞠莉), a character from the anime series Love Live! Sunshine!!
- Mari Katsuki, a character from the anime series Yuri!!! on Ice
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|