|Residence||Los Angeles and Joshua Tree|
|Known for||first female-only ascent of The Shield on El Capitan|
|First ascents||many in Joshua Tree and Western USA|
|Updated on 21 April 2013.|
From 1979-83 Gingery climbed with Lynn Hill every weekend in Yosemite, completing an ascent of The Nose and then the first female-only ascent of The Shield on El Capitan over a period of six days. Hill cites her as a significant influence on her climbing.
Gingery wrote one of the first guidebooks to focus only on bouldering in 1993 - Joshua Tree Bouldering: Joshua Tree National Park. She also contributed to John Long's movie Rock Climbing: The Art Of Leading.
Selected First Ascents
- Big Moe: 5.11- (6b+/6c) - 1980
- Witch Hunt: 5.10b (6a+) - 1980
- Popular Mechanics: 5.9 (5c) -1977
- White Trash 5.11+ (6c+/7a) - 1991
- Invisibility Lessons: 5.9 (5c) - 1978
- Bighorn Dihedral: 5.10b (6a+) - 1982
- Elephant Walk - Joshua Tree: 5.11d (7a) - 1988
- "History -Climber Profile- Mari Gingery". joshuatreeclimb.com. 2005. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- Amatt, Bernadette; Amatt, John, eds. (2000). "Journeys on the rock (Lynn Hill)". Voices from the Summit: The World's Great Mountaineers on the Future of Climbing. Seattle, WA: Adventure Press, National Geographic, in association with the Banff Centre for Mountain Culture. pp. 109–113. ISBN 978-0-7922-7958-7.
- "Legends: Lynn Hill | Climbing". climbing.com. 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Where Is Edlinger?". d526948.u28.hostdone.com. 2013. Archived from the original on 4 January 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "FRENCH DOMINATE CLIMBING MEET AT SNOWBIRD<BR> BUT U.S. CLIMBERS ARE IMPROVING | Deseret News". deseretnews.com. 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Rock Climbing Media Reviews: Books, Movies, and more". chockstone.org. 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
|This climbing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|