|Native name||星野 真里|
July 27, 1981 |
|Notable credit(s)||Otome Sakamoto in Kinpachi-sensei
Kana in Platonic Sex
|Spouse(s)||Takahiro Takano (m. 2011)|
Mari Hoshino (星野 真里 Hoshino Mari, born July 27, 1981 in Kamifukuoka, Saitama) is a Japanese actress and singer. She graduated from Aoyama Gakuin University. Most well known for her lead role as Otome Sakamoto in T.B.S. drama, Kinpachi-sensei, Hoshino has starred in several dramas in recent years. Her main role in Platonic Sex was some-what controversial as it was rather contrary to her image as one possessing pure values. She has also published two photographic books as well as about six C.D.s. Of the Japanese dramas shown in Los Angeles, a substantial fraction of them has Mari in the cast.
- Platonic Sex (2001) – Kana
- Thursday Ghost story (1995) (ep 15)
- Bus Stop (2000)
- Kinpachi-sensei – Otome Sakamoto (T.B.S. drama)
- Eve-Santa Clause Dreaming (1997)
- Hoshi no Kinka (2001)
- House of the Devils (1999)
- LXIXVXE (aka Live) (1999)
- Jonathan Clements; Motoko Tamamuro (1 November 2003). The Dorama Encyclopedia: A Guide to Japanese TV Drama Since 1953. Stone Bridge Press. pp. 238–239. ISBN 978-1-880656-81-5.
- Stuart Galbraith IV (16 May 2008). The Toho Studios Story: A History and Complete Filmography. Scarecrow Press. p. 434. ISBN 978-1-4616-7374-3.
- Hoshino Mari on Internet Movie Database
- Profile at JMDb (in Japanese)
- Official Site (in Japanese)
- At Universal Music Japan (in Japanese)
|This article about a Japanese actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|