Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark
25 July 1996 |
Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York City, New York, U.S.
|Father||Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece|
|Occupation||Student, model, socialite|
|Greek royal family|
Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark (born 25 July 1996 in New York City) is the oldest child and only daughter of Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece and Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece. Her paternal grandparents are Constantine II and Anne-Marie of Denmark, who were the last King and Queen of the Hellenes.
Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark was born on 25 July 1996 at Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City to Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece and his wife Marie-Chantal. She was baptized in the Greek Orthodox Church by Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople at the Church of St. George in Istanbul, Turkey on 22 December 1996. Her godparents are her paternal aunt Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark, her maternal aunt Pia Getty, her grandfather's second cousin The Prince of Wales, and Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark. Her family relocated to London where she spent most of her childhood. She is the older sister of Princes Constantine-Alexios, Achileas-Andreas, Odysseas-Kimon, and Aristidis-Stavros. She studied art history, theatre, photography, and graphic design while in boarding school in Switzerland with hopes of pursuing a career in art or fashion. She interned in Dior's couture department, at the age of 17.
Maria-Olympia is currently enrolled at Parsons School of Design, where she is studying photography, and resides in the SoHo neighborhood of New York City. It was reported that she was romantically involved with her godfather's son, Prince Harry, but a senior official representative of the British Royal Family denied the rumors. She has modeled for Teen Vogue, Town & Country, Tatler, Hello!, ¡Hola!, and W. She revealed she has dyslexia in an interview with Tatler.
On her father's side she is a member of the Greek Royal Family and the Danish Royal Family. Maria-Olympia's patrilineal great-great-grandfather, Constantine I of Greece, was the son of George I of Greece, whose father was Christian IX of Denmark. As a male-line descendant of Christian IX, she holds the title of Princess of Denmark.
Her mother is the daughter of American-born British billionaire Robert Warren Miller and his Ecuadorian wife, Marie Chantal Pesantes. Maria Olympia's maternal grandfather descends from passengers on the Mayflower and is connected to the British North American colonial elite. His family claims to descend from Henry I of England, Louis IV of France, and William I of Scotland.
|Ancestors of Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark|
- "PRINCESS MARIA-OLYMPIA". Greek Royal Family (in Greek). The Greek Royal Family. Archived from the original on 5 July 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Leading world aristocrats in Istanbul". 24 December 1996. Archived from the original on 8 March 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece: 10 Facts About The Stylish Teen Royal". Hello Fashion. HELLO!. p. 4. Archived from the original on 30 April 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- Lewis, Victoria. "The Princess Diaries: Marie-Olympia of Greece Gives Us the Lowdown on Being 21st-Century Royalty". Teen Vogue. Archived from the original on 20 August 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "The Miller Cousins Are the Ultimate Society Darlings for the Social-Media Age". Vanity Fair. Vanity Fair. 24 April 2016. Archived from the original on 24 April 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- Chung, Madelyn (21 January 2016). "Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece Is Our New Favourite Style Icon". The Huffington Post Canada. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. Archived from the original on 22 January 2016. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Toms, Victoria Lewis,Ben. "The Princess Diaries: Marie-Olympia of Greece Gives Us the Lowdown on Being 21st-Century Royalty". Archived from the original on 20 August 2015.
- "This Very Modern Princeess Just Moved to New York City". 8 August 2016. Archived from the original on 25 February 2017.
- "Princess Maria-Olympia: Meet the new royal it-girl". Archived from the original on 25 February 2017.
- "Maria Olympia, Princess Maria-Olympia, Hola! Fashion Magazine February 2016 Cover Photo - Spain". Archived from the original on 25 February 2017.
- Lawrence, Vanessa (April 2013). "It Girl: Princess Maria-Olympia". W. Condé Nast. Archived from the original on 22 July 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Garvey, Marianne; Niemietz, Brian; Coleman, Oli; Maresca, Rachel (25 August 2015). "Budding style icon Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece will reign as an NYU student this fall". NY Daily News. NYDailyNews.com. Archived from the original on 26 August 2015. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Sinha, Barnali Pal (21 January 2016). "Prince Harry Not Dating Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece: Royal Source". International Business Times. IBT Media Inc. Archived from the original on 22 January 2016. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Reitwiesner, William; Otto, Julie. "Some ancestry of the Miller sisters". William Addams Reitwiesner Genealogical Services. Archived from the original on 27 March 2007. Retrieved 30 April 2016.