|Full name||Mariya Alekseyevna Bulakhova|
18 November 1988 |
Volgograd, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||51 kg (112 lb)|
Mariya Alekseyevna Bulakhova (Russian: Мария Алексеевна Булахова; born November 18, 1988) is a Russian former swimmer, who specialized in butterfly events. She collected two medals, gold and silver, in the 100 (59.98) and 200 m butterfly (2:10.60) at the 2004 European Junior Swimming Championships in Lisbon, Portugal. Bulakhova is a member of Volga Swimming Club, and is coached and trained by Natalia Kozlova.
Bulakhova qualified for the women's 200 m butterfly, as Russia's youngest swimmer (aged 15), at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, by eclipsing a FINA B-standard entry time of 2:14.07 from the European Junior Championships. She edged out Chinese Taipei's Cheng Wan-jung to lead the first heat by a 3.26-second margin in 2:12.99. Bulakhova missed the semifinals by two thirds of a second (0.66), as she placed eighteenth overall in the prelims.
- "Maria Bulakhova". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Four Records Fall at Euro Junior Champs; Biedermann Takes Distance Triple". Swimming World Magazine. 25 July 2004. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Swimming – Women's 200m Butterfly Startlist (Heat 1)" (PDF). Athens 2004. Omega Timing. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Мария Булахова доплыла до Афин [Maria Bulakhova swam to Athens] (in Russian). VIP-Volga. Archived from the original on 26 June 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Women's 200m Butterfly Heat 1". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 17 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (17 August 2004). "Women's 200 Butterfly Prelims, Day 4: Jedrzejczak Fastest. Nakanishi, Risztov, Sandeno and Thomas All Qualify". Swimming World Magazine. Archived from the original on 3 December 2005. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Profile – Russian Swimming Team (in Russian)
|This biographical article related to a Russian swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|