Maria Curie-Skłodowska University
Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej w Lublinie
|Established||October 23, 1944|
|Rector||Dr hab. Stanisław Michałowski, prof. UMCS|
Pl. M. Curie-Skłodowskiej 5, 20-031,
|Affiliations||SOCRATES/ERASMUS, 5th and 6th EU Framework Programme, Gruntvig, Lingua, Jean Monnet for Poland, The Baltic University Programme, Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program|
Currently the number of students is almost 36,000. The university has 302 professors (157 full professors), 231 habilitated doctors, 826 senior lecturers, and 1829 teachers in total. Total staff is 3628.
To meet the growing demand for higher education, the university has established branches in other cities.
In 2011 the Polish national daily newspaper Rzeczpospolita ranked the university 11th among Polish public universities (25).
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Geosciences and Land Management
- Philosophy and Sociology
- Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science
- Pedagogy and Psychology
- Political Science
- Law and Administration
- Off-Campus Branch in Pulawy
- Henryk Cioch (1951–2017), lawyer
- Zyta Gilowska (1949–2016), economist and politician
- Stanisław Michalkiewicz (born 1947), politician and activist
- Rafał Ohme (born 1968), psychologist
- Jarosław Stawiarski (born 1963), politician
- Roman Szporluk (born 1933), Ukrainian and American historian, professor emeritus, doctor of historical sciences
Marie Curie Monument
- ↑ „Szkoły wyższe i ich finanse w 2011 r.”, s. 109, 2012. Główny Urząd Statystyczny. ISSN 1506-2163 (pol.).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MCSU in Lublin.|
|This Polish university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|