Maria Frances Parke
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the soprano, pianist and composer born in 1772 who took the married name Beardmore. For the pianist and composer born in 1760 as Maria Hester Reynolds, see Maria Hester Park.
In 1815 she married John Beardmore. She died in London in 1822.
Selected works include:
- A Divertimento and Military Rondo for the Piano
- Grand Sonata in F Major for Solo Piano
- Grand Sonata in E-flat Major for Solo Piano
- Grand Sonata in D Major for Solo Piano
- Baldwin, Olive; Wilson, Thelma (2001). "Maria Frances Parke". In Sadie, Stanley. New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians. 19. London: Macmillan. pp. 128–129. ISBN 0-333-60800-3.
- "EDITIONS: PIANO/PIANO FORTE". Retrieved 27 November 2010.
- Baldwin, Olive; Wilson, Thelma (2004). "Park (née Reynolds), Maria Hester (1760–1813)". In Matthew, H.C.G.; Harrison, Brian. Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. 42. Oxford: Oxford University Press. pp. 636–637. ISBN 0-19-861392-X.
- Hayes, Deborah (June 1995). "Women Composers, The "Condensed" Version: A Review of The New Grove Dictionary of Women Composers". The IAWM Journal.
|This article about a British composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a British classical pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|