Maria Francesca Nascinbeni
Maria Francesca Nascinbeni (1658–1680) was an Italian composer. She studied in Ancona, Italy, with Augustinian monk Scipio Lazzarini. He included her motet "Sitientes venite" and works by two of his other students in his "Motetti a due e tre voce." At age sixteen (December 1674) Nascinbeni published one volume of music including songs, canzonas, madrigals and motets for organ and one, two and three voices. All that is known of her life is from the prefaces to her music volumes.
- 1.^ She also spelled her last name as "Nascimbeni".
- Sadie, Dr. Julie Anne; Samuel, Dr. Rhian (1994). The Norton/Grove Dictionary of Women Composers. W. W. Norton & Company. p. 345. ISBN 0-333-515986.
- Jackson, Barbara Garvey. "Nascinbeni, Maria Francesca". intreccifemminili.com. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "Women Composers". powells.com. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- Sadie, Julie Anne; Samuel, Rhian (1994). The Norton/Grove Dictionary of Women Composers (Digitized online by GoogleBooks). Retrieved 4 October 2010.