May 27, 1911|
Kiev, Russian Empire (now Ukraine)
|Died||December 11, 2005
|Occupation||Director, actress and screenwriter|
She debuted on October 14, 1933 in the Toruń City Theater after graduating from the Acting Department of State Institute of Theatrical Arts in Warsaw. In 1948 Kaniewska finished her study at the National Film School in Łódź as a movie director and was offered a job there as well. In 1960 she received a bronze lion award at the Venice Film Festival.
- Niedaleko Warszawy (Not far from Warsaw) (1954)
- Awantura o Basię (Argument about Basia) (1959)
- Szatan z siódmej klasy (Satan from the seventh grade) (1960)
- Komedianty (Comedians) (1961)
- Panienka z okienka (Lady in a window) (1964)
- Bicz Boży (1966)
- Pierścień księżnej Anny (Ring of Princess Anna) (1970).
- Zaczarowane podwórko (Enchanted yard) (1974)
- Maria Kaniewska at the Filmpolski Database (Polish)
|This article about a Polish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|