This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
November 7, 1976 |
|Education||Pennsylvania State University|
|Occupation||Meteorologist for The Weather Channel|
Early life & Career
LaRosa was born in New York, but was raised in Ramsey, New Jersey. In June 2004, LaRosa joined KYW-TV in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was later hired by WXIX-TV, the FOX station in Cincinnati, Ohio. She was the weekday morning and noon meteorologist for KYW-TV in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was a meteorologist and anchor for WTVM-TV, the ABC station in Columbus, Georgia. Later on In 2010, she joined The Weather Channel and became an on-camera meteorologist for both the Weekend Now and PM Edition with her co-host Todd Santos. In March 2012, she left to do the 5:30 AM to 6:00 AM edition of First Outlook and Your Weather Today from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM (EST).
She hosted Wake Up With Al from 5:30AM-7AM alongside Stephanie Abrams, Al Roker and Mike Bettes from (2012–2014), Morning Rush from 7AM-10AM alongside Stephanie Abrams and Mike Bettes from (2010–2014) and America's Morning Headquarters from (2014–2015)
- 1998–2000: WTVM-TV meteorologist
- 2000–2004: WXIX
- 2004–2010: KYW-TV weekday morning and noon meteorologist
- 2010–present: The Weather Channel
- 2010–2012: Weekend Now co-anchor
- 2010–2012: PM Edition Weekend co-anchor
- 2012: First Outlook co-anchor
- 2012: Your Weather Today co-anchor/fill-in
- 2012–2014: Morning Rush co-anchor/fill-in
- 2012–2014: Wake Up With Al segment correspondent/fill-in
- 2014–2015: America's Morning Headquarters co-anchor
- 2015–present: Weekend Recharge co-host/Weather Center Live fill-in
LaRosa graduated in 1998 from Penn State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in meteorology. She was also a teaching assistant for the University's introductory meteorology course before graduating in 1998.
She lived in Southern New Jersey with her husband, Mariusz Kolakowski. The couple has three sons: Michael (born in 2005), Justin (born in 2008), and Tyler (born May 3, 2010) They now live in Atlanta.