Maria was a daughter of Claudio Landi, Prince of Val di Taro, and Juana Fernández de Córdoba y Milá de Aragón.
She married Grimaldi on 15 September 1595:54 The marriage was arranged through Ercole¨s good contacts at the Spanish court and gave him great prestige, as Maria was a descendant of the Royal House of Aragon through her mother, which made Ercole related to the king of Spain.
She had three children:
- Giovanna Maria Grimaldi (29 September 1596 – December 1620), married Gian Giacomo Teodoro Trivulzio, Conte di Melzo, Principe di Musocco.
- Honoré II (Monaco, 24 December 1597 – Monaco, 10 January 1662) married Ippolita Trivulzio.
- Maria Claudia Grimaldi, Carmeline nun in Genoa (1 January 1599 – 1668).
- Saige, Gustave (1897). Monaco: Ses Origines et Son Histoire. Imprimerie de Monaco. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- Mauro Lucco (2000). A New Portrait by Raphael and Its Historical Context. Artibus et Historiae 21 (41): 49–73. (subscription required)
Maria LandiBorn: 15?? Died: 1599
| Consorts of Monaco
(as Princess of Monaco)
|This biography of an Italian noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|